ESPN Tennis coverage

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by James Slattery, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident Thread Starter

It really sucks. Last night, Petra Kvitova, a former Wimbledon champion was at 6-6 in the final set yet ESPN cut off of the match to show Roger Federer clobbering some slug. Never went back there to show the conclusion. Typical.

2. John54

John54 Senior Member

Incompetent decision-making somewhere along the line.

3. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

It's not ESPN, all the networks do the same thing for tennis and golf coverage. They are going to show you the stars no matter what. The only way around this is the DTV extra channel coverage.

4. James Slattery

I was watching on the computer the matches I wanted but at that point it was after 3 and I was watching in bed.

5. James Slattery

Now they have this stupid habit of putting 2 matches on a split screen at the same time but the pictures are so small that you can't see the ball on either of them.

6. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Yes - that is not useful at all. Even if you had a huge screen and could see the ball, you would not be able to follow two games at once.

If it was important that we should be kept up to date about the score of another game, I would be totally happy with a running update of the score in a small window. I don't need the commentators to say anything - I can read. The split screen, or even the switching over from one game to another, does not appeal to me.

7. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

I have grown to really dislike ESPN. They started out great, but as they grew, became more and more about business than sports.

They have been one of the major factors in turning sports into Big Business; it's not about sports anymore, it's about entertainment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.