Ever Discover You Have Duplicate Copies Of The Same Album, Same Pressing?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PacificOceanBlue, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I bought "Dark Side Of The Moon" on CD. The standard CD in Australia is the 1992 master. My mother in law also had a copy. Then she bought one off eBay that was labelled "1992 Remaster" not knowing that was the one she already had and I already had. Then she passed away and we inherited all her CD's and records, so we've would up with a total of five CD copies of that album: A mid-1980's copy I bought, the MFSL Ultradisc II issue, plus three standard shop copies of the 1992 master (not even the 1992 special edition in the fancy packaging).

2. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

Did it just last week. Picked up a new sealed Here Comes Louis Smith. Didn't open it right away and when I was looking thru my Blue Note box for Search For The New Land there was Louis grinning at me on the cover of Here Comes. Couldn't believe it,my memory must be evaporating.

3. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

There have been a few times where I bought something thinking I didn't have it, only to get home and discover I already did.
    But those are few & far between. Usually I'll have a gut feeling (usually correct) that I already have it. There have also been times I hesitated because I was not sure.
    In most cases like that I put it back, get home and see that I already have it.

Darryl

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  4. 4_everyman

4_everyman The Sexual Intellectual

Yes...and thank you for reminding me! :rolleyes:

:laugh:

5. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

It's happened. Both intentionally and unintentionally (which really bugs me.)

6. Mike Campbell

Mike Campbell Forum Resident

many times......dumb...

7. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Pretty much every time I come home from the record store.

8. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

If not many times and sometimes, on purpose.

9. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Once. I purchased by mistake a second copy of the Tenchi Muyo! Soundtrack CD because I thought I had lost my original CD.

10. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Years ago I bought Bob Marley & The Wailers' first live album.
    Bit later I wanted to get Legend on vinyl, found a cheap option but the seller offered that one combined with the live album I already have.
    Both copies of Live!!! are the exact same pressing. Though one has a more damaged cover sleeve.

11. Mugrug12

Mugrug12 The Jungle Is a Skyscraper

I bought the same oop Jackie Maclean record twice in the same month online. Because I got confused about the titles. I've never told anyone before!

12. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

I can no longer remember what I have.

Here is what happens to me:

My first copy of a certain album will be in less-than-ideal shape. Years later, I find a clean copy and bring it home, only to find out that I'd traded up a long time ago. The first copy sticks in my mind even though it's gone.

13. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

Only about 100 titles.

I get a bit forgetful in the thrift store frenzy.

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah all of the time. that's why i'm glad i have this forum membership to facilitate passing things along to others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.