Evil Dead 2013 starts this Friday!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Larry Mc, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude Thread Starter

Anyone else stoked about this coming out? I loved the original so I'm really excited about the good reviews this one is getting. 81% on Rotten Tomatoes. I'll try and catch a matinee with my wife.

Michael likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I really want to see this updated version!

Larry Mc likes this.
  3. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I'm usually skeptical about remakes of horror classics, but this one actually looks promising....

Larry Mc likes this.
  4. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

Evil Dead? Never heard of it.

:hide:

(I'll swallow...your...soul)

dhoffa85 likes this.
  5. MorbidToaster

MorbidToaster Well-Known Member

So excited for this movie. Looks fantastic.

6. I've been hearing about this as my friends daughter plays the lead ( from suburgatory on TV) and she's is great. Glad that Raimi, Tappert and Campbell were involved. Filmed in New Zealand.

7. Larry Mc

It's a horror movie that came out in the early 80's and it scared the s#it out of everybody. Directed by Sam Raimi, the director of the Toby Maguire Spiderman movies, it's considered by many to be one of the Horror classics.
    I suggest you rent it or stream it, you're in for a treat. Don't look it up if you want to get the thrill that most folks got in the 1980's.:tiphat:

8. theanswer337

theanswer337 Forum Resident

I'm stoked. I'll have to wait to go see it next week as I'll be flying back east to attend the Masters on Monday.
    I will probably go see it next Wednesday.

9. Thurenity

Just messin' with ya' --

now excuse me, I need to go into the fruit cellar to carve myself a witch.

jupiterboy likes this.
  10. Larry Mc

Why would you do that? I have better things to do than waste my time on some prank. You think that's funny?:thumbsdow

11. Thurenity

Oh my. Please tell me you're messing with me, now -- did you not see the last line in my first post? Did I really swallow your soul?

dhoffa85 likes this.
  12. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

In this week's Entertainment Weekly, Bruce wrote a one-pager on all things Dead and how the new project got started. He hinted the remake would not bog down any potential future Ash versions of Evil Dead. Wishful thinking, yes, but maybe he was obligated to put that in. :)

[Don't subscribe to EW, just happened to see the latest issue in my local library.]

13. It was also unique in that it was also funny.

Larry Mc likes this.
  14. I'm not sure if the first one was supposed to be funny though - I certainly don't recall it getting any laughs at the time! I think that came a bit later when more jaded horror aficionados picked up on all the mistakes and items betraying the movie's low budget.

15. Well the main girl is signed for a potential three films.

16. Larry Mc

Yes! It had a couple of funny parts, but the second one Evil Dead II had quite a few funny scenes.

17. And the third was a laugh riot

Larry Mc likes this.
  18. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

I love the original and doubt this one will top it, even with a ten times bigger budget, but i'm gonna go see it anyway.

19. theanswer337

theanswer337 Forum Resident

It will be remastered to sound (look) modern. ;)

Jackson likes this.
  20. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

I'm in, the trailer looks great. The original never came off as funny to me, the slapstick stuff really started with II.

21. The fact that they decided NOT to include an Ash type of character makes it interesting to me and makesot a bit different.

22. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Loved the first one and am definitely going to see this one.

Larry Mc likes this.
  23. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Just saw an interview with the director and he stated the film was a "100% No-CGI movie", that by itself makes me want to watch it.

nbakid2000 and Larry Mc like this.
  24. Larry Mc

That is great, I didn't know that. One good sign for me will be if my wife puts her fingers in her ears. When we see a scary movie, she puts her fingers in her ears when it scares her, it cracks me up.
    That's her version of thumbs up......:D

25. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Anybody see this yet? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.