Exposure 2010S2D-3010S2D vs Rega Elex R

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by WapatoWolf, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WapatoWolf

WapatoWolf Forum Resident Thread Starter

anyone listened to these head to head? Have older Exposure 2010S, considering 3010S2D or Rega Elex R. Have Rega RP6 TT & Apollo cd player. Any input appreciated!

2. iamjaymo

iamjaymo Well-Known Member

Not exactly what you asked for but since no one else commented...

I have the 3010S2D and just evaluated a 2017 Rega Brio. Though a model down from the Elex, and not in the same price category as the Exposure/Elex, I can tell you that while a great little amp, the Rega is not in the same auditory class as the Exposure. Everything is more with the 3010...bass, sparkly highs and a more engaging nuanced overall listening experience. If you favor the Exposure sound, I would stick with it. Plus, the 3010 has power in spades.

Just wish the Exposure had a built-in headphone amp. That little Rega sounded really nice though - don't know how it compares to the big brother Elex. Reading opinions/reviews of the Elex, it seems it can sound "thin" to some people. I can't confirm that but there is NOTHING thin about the 3010 I can assure you. Hope this helps somewhat

3. WapatoWolf

WapatoWolf Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for input. I am leaning towards the 3010SD2 as it would be more of an upgrade than 2010SD2. I have a headphone amp so that doesnt bother me. In fact i really like the simplicity of the Exposures. Thanks again for your view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.