FA: DCC Gold CD's (My Personal Collection)...Too many to list

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Scott J, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott J

Scott J Forum Hall of Fame Thread Starter

Hi Folks,

As the title says, I'm having to sell nearly my entire personal collection of DCC Gold CD's, and a few LP's.

Without going into too much detail, my ex-wife figures she isn't done with me yet, so unfortunately I'm having to raise some money for attorney's fees. Needless to say, I'm beyond bummed. :shake: :sigh:

There's some really great titles included, and nearly all are in NM/M-/M condition.

A few of the highlites are...

Heart - Dreamboat Annie (Japan issued w/OBI)

The Doobie Brothers - Best Of (The CD is 'Promo' stamped. I've combined this auction with a SEALED DCC LP of the same title)

The Doors - Waiting For The Sun (A Japan made disc stamped 'Promo')

Jethro Tull - Original Masters (Still SEALED, with a 'Promo' stamped disc inside)

Anyway, for those who are interested, here's the link to all the other titles on Ebay...
    http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhwcartelQQfrppZ50QQfsopZ32QQfsooZ2QQrdZ0

If a forum member buys multiples, I'll combine shipping to give you the best rate possible.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM here in the forum.

Thanks to all who check them out.

2. Radiotron

Radiotron Tube Designer

Good luck with the sale Scott. This hurts I'm sure.

3. Scott J

That's putting it mildly. And thanks.

4. alanb

alanb Senior Member

Saw a quote recently....

Divorce is expensive, because it's worth it.

Might help?

5. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I'm sorry you have to go through this Scott. :(

6. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

What the hell Scott? Man I am sorry dude.I hope these go well for you.gah- I hate seeing things like this.

7. Scott J

Thanks for the support guys. I can't tell you how appreciated it is.

This is an "OUCHER", that's for sure.

I put it off for as long as I could.

8. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

My heart just sunk for you, Scott. I hope the auctions do very well and you can end this once and for all!

9. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I'll put in a few bids Scott; although the items shouldn't have any problem getting good prices.

10. kpbalog

kpbalog New Member

Bummer, man. Here's to you getting a boatload with your auctions :righton:

11. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I may also put in a few bids Scott. All the best.

12. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

Scott: I hope you'll be making copies for yourself.
    Some people actually wouldn't.

13. trumpetplayer

trumpetplayer Senior Member

Hang in there Scott all of us are behind you.

14. stevef

stevef Senior Member

Best of luck with everything Scott.
    Hang in there ok.

15. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Scott, I didn't know until now.

I've been there, man. Thinkin' about you.

Just know that even when it feels like it won't get better, it does. I promise.

16. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Sorry to hear this Scott.

I was in the same boat about 20 years ago.

Yes it does suck a lot but in time you'll be able to rebuild your collection.

Hang in there bud.

17. Scott J

Hi John,

Believe it or not, this was actually my second time around with the DCC Gold CD's.

To make it brief, my divorce was final about 4 years ago, however, during the divorce, I had to part with a massive collection of DCC, MOFI, Ryko AU20, Mastersound, Atlantic Gold CD's, etc.. I had been collecting for nearly 15 years, and for that 15 years, Gold CD's were the only CD's I bought for the most part. That should give you an idea of the size of my collection.

So a little less than 3 years ago, I thought with the divorce rubbish behind me, I'd try to rebuild my DCC Gold CD collection, which is what I had done for the most part. To rebuild my entire Gold CD collection, would have cost me way too much money, so I just concentrated on the DCC's.

So like I said John, I'm losing a DCC Gold CD collection for the second time.

I want to say something from the bottom of my heart...

This forum, and alll of you folks here are the best that life has to offer. I've received so much words of encouragement, and people letting me know they're behind me, that I can't put into words how much it means to me.

3 years ago, what brought me here, was the music. What's kept me here nearly 3 years later, is the people of this forum. This is a great community, and I can honestly say I've never in my life seen a group of people so eager and willing to help one another out, as I've witnessed so many times in this forum.

This is such a great community, that I honestly can't imagine myself not being a part of it.

The DCC Gold CD's are beautiful to look at, and are magic to our ears thanks to Steve, and what ever amount of money I get for them, is what the good Lord wanted me to have, but you guys are reminding me, that when it all comes down to what's important in life, it's the people, and not the things.

Again, I can't express in words how much the words of encouragement mean to me.

Thank you.

18. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

I've had to sell off most of my DCC Golds too, Scott. Good luck with everything... remember, third times a charm! :)

19. thorbs

thorbs Active Member

Hang in there Scott! It is never easy and really doesn't sit well when you think you have already passed through the hard stuff, hopefully you have long passed that point.

In the end it is only material stuff, cherished perhaps, but if letting it go helps resolve some bigger issue in your life then it is a little easier. Here's hoping this ends whatever conflict is involved and that you find happiness in music daily.

We'll be here with you. Take care!!

20. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Take a good look at Scott's list.

There's something for everyone!

I've got my eye on a couple rare CDs and want to keep them in the SHF. The money will help a great member of the Forum. :righton:

21. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Scott, I am very sorry to hear about this situation. Hang in there buddy. Hold your head up high. Things will turn around. We're all here for you. :agree:

22. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I would love that Heart w/J. obi. and the Gerry Rafferty. and the sealed Tull. and . . .

And yes, hang in there -- your audio support group is a mouse click away, guy.

23. Best of luck Scott.

Gonna be tough bidding, as all of the auctions appear to be ending at the same time.

24. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I hope a few of these get some last minute action. The Rod Stewart LP is a bargain at the moment, and the McCartney, LA Woman, Eagles Greatest Hits are way undervalued. Still 1 day to go, of course.

25. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

There's no love being shown for 'Fly Like An Eagle'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.