FA on eBay: Marantz 7c vintage preamplifier

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by DrJ, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member Thread Starter

Folks my Marantz 7c was just listed on eBay, Item # 200195262701:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marantz-7c-prea...ryZ67807QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I won't belabor the description, other than to say it's a wonderful, wonderful vintage preamp that still holds its own with many modern units. Our esteemed host owns one!

Since I bought the new McIntosh C2300 though, which is everything I ever dreamed of in a preamp and more, I just can't justify keeping it around as a very expensive "second." Now's your chance to own a working piece of history.

Included is the original owner's manual/documentation (I'm only the 2nd owner!) and an original Marantz WC-2 wooden case with logo (if you follow these auctions you know how rare it is to see an original box with the Marantz logo).

Happy bidding! :wave:

2. phish

phish Jack Your Body

looks sweet. i wish i knew more about vintage gear. it completely scares the **** out of me.

3. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

how much do these usually go for, anyone know?

4. DrJ

Typically $3000-4000, depending on condition, but one recently sold on eBay (in far worse condition than the one I'm selling, I might add) for a whopping $5555 - a record for auctions I've followed.

5. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

wow I wish you luck with it. That is too much for me right now. I was thinking I could get something for fun but this is well beyond that!

6. phish

phish Jack Your Body

slam dunk!

good luck.

7. DrJ

Bump - auction closes on Friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.