FA on eBay: my McIntosh MC60 power amplifiers

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by DrJ, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member Thread Starter

2. DrJ

Bump - reserve has been lowered!

3. DrJ

Bump - 2 days to go. Please note that estimating shipping for these babies is difficult - they are very heavy but even with triple boxing and padding I think they ought to stay under 70 pounds each package, which will mean US Postal Service shipping would remain an option (much cheaper than UPS). As I posted on the eBay listing I will work with the winning bidder to do whatever shipping option they prefer.

4. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Tony,

I noticed you're selling worldwide. You are probably aware of this, but in Europe we have 220-240V/50Hz. Can the amps be adapted?

5. DrJ

I honestly don't know, Hans...good question. I would imagine they can, but not sure. Interesting that none of the overseas folks who have contacted me to ask other questions about the amps have asked!

Anyone out there know anything about this?

6. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

They probably don't realize they're 110V/60Hz amps...

7. DrJ

Dunno....they're vintage McIntosh, all original, so clearly made in the USA in the 1950s or 1960s, and that alone would seem to establish the line voltage they would be configured for (to me). And I would actually be quite surprised if someone in this day and age doesn't know that US line voltage differs from that in much of the rest of the world! :) Anyway I posted this info on the listing now FWIW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.