Fahrenheit 9/11

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pickle, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pickle

Pickle Forum Diva Thread Starter

Without getting political
    Anyone planning on seeing this movie? I enjoyed Bowling for Collombine (sp?). So I think I will. Some really mixed reviews in the Vancouver Province today. Two pages just on this one film... I suspect good numbers at the Box office tonight!

2. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

I'm planning to go to the theater in about half an hour to see if there are any tickets. I don't know if the demnand will be that heavy for an afternoon show, but we shall see.

Like many, I think Moore goes way over the top sometimes, but I kind of enjoy wondering where he's going to go next. I'm looking forward to FAHRENHEIT 9/11. I also liked BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE.

3. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Reminder: NO POLITICS.

No hinting at politics.

No commentary on where Moore is full of it or not.

thank you,

The Management.

4. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Got my tix for 10:30!

5. Pickle

Pickle Forum Diva Thread Starter

Luckily Holy Zoo. I know nothing of Canadian let alone American Polotics... I no fun :)

he he can't even spell polotics!!!

6. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

I will go see it.

7. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

The great thing about people like Moore is the "I have to see it for myself factor."

I've never actually seen any of his fims. I have Roger & Me and Bowling for Columbine on my Netflix queue, then I will see F9/11.

8. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I'm going to see it w/ my GF. I can't wait.

Oh, BTW, the first 70 seconds of the film is black, just audio. So don't think something's wrong. He was asked that the 9.11 horror not be shown for respect of the loved ones that had died.

I encourage members to see this film. I'll leave it at that.

9. Leppo

Leppo Forum Librarian

I plan to see it this weekend as I have enjoyed Mr. Moore's past efforts. :thumbsup:

10. mhvbear

mhvbear Senior Member

I wonder if this will be number 1 at the boxoffice this weekend. The filmed opened on Wednesday in 2 theaters in NYC and took in $84,000 on Wednesday alone.
    Plan on seeing this film on Saturday if I can get tickets.

11. dcooper

dcooper New Member

Definitely looking forward to seeing it, probably this weekend.

12. RDK

RDK Active Member

I doubt it will be number one - it's not opening on enough screens for that. But I bet it will have the highest per screen average this weekend...

13. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I'm going to see it tomorrow. Given the critical acclaim it has received, I am looking forward to it.

14. the 801

the 801 New Member

I will be seeing it tonight with my wife.

15. peter

peter Senior Member

Well said, Sckott. And to the point.

16. Trying my very best to remain within the rules.
    Mr. Moore presents his films as documentaries. This infers a certain amount of truthfulness as most real documentaries are based on the truth. When it comes to Mr. Moores documentaries I simply suggest you look for the truth in other avenues as he is not presenting truthful subject matter.

17. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

There are many sides to every story. Since it is a documentary, the premise is focused on one side. Additionally, it's entertainment and meant to thought provoke as well. People should take in what they see as a film and believe what they feel in their hearts.

It will blow your mind.

18. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

Yes, I'm going to see it. Hopefully this weekend, but might not be able to due to big graduation/graduation party for my oldest son.

BTW, when asked if his film is "fair", Moore said "no, it's facts and my opinion on those facts". So he is not presenting the film as truthful and factual per se, but rather his take on what facts he has uncovered.

Jeff

19. ZenArcher

ZenArcher Senior Member

Without getting into politics...
    From a visual arts point of view....When's the last time you saw a non-fiction movie without a point of view (and what, exactly, made it worth watching?) "Facts" cannot be recited without some interpretation and selection. I don't look to every documentary to present the whole truth, I look for novel and diverse points of view in many documentaries and make up my own mind.

20. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

I believe two or three of the last five posts are in violation of this Holy Zoo edict. If this thread is to remain open, y'all need to QUIT IT.

Thanks.

21. Wufnpoof

Wufnpoof Well-Known Member

I see nothing...
    I hear nothing...
    :laugh:

22. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Let me get this to the top of the page, again, since some people failed to notice it when I posted it less than 10 minutes ago. :) Last chance.

23. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

My suggestion is to close this thread. Moore and his film are controversial, you can not discuss his movie's without interjecting a comment. Just stick with comments on "Dodgeball" and everyone will be happy.

24. Wufnpoof

Wufnpoof Well-Known Member

MK, please just close the thread - with the offending posts removed, it won't be clear to people what is and what isn't acceptable to post about seeing this film. Also, it looks like your 2nd warning is in response to my previous post, which I'm assuming it's not! :)

25. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

In a word, No.

Although I do encourage people to go see it <political commentary removed - HZ>

Aaron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.