Fahrenheit 911 - any chance of ever seeing it?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tim Casey, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi Cliff,

I think you just slammed more Gorts in this one post than in any single post in the history of this Forum.

-Jeffrey

2. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I wouldn't stress too much, I'd bet that Lion's Gate will release this movie. I've really enjoyed his documentary movies, it's my most anticipated movie for the summer.

3. joachim.ritter

joachim.ritter Senior Member

I think Cliff is right regarding the "double standard" thing. Perhaps Steve should let us know whether he wants his dicussion forums be "international" forums or "American" forums.

Joachim

4. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Same here, Tyler. I can't wait to see it.

And you're right - there are a ton of smaller studios who would love to distribute a Michael Moore movie.

5. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Exactly. Moore, like Gibson, is probably delighted that Disney won't distribute the film, which will stir up controversy, meaning more fannies in theater seats.

Of course the film will ultimately be distributed, but that won't stop cries of censorship.

6. mhvbear

mhvbear Senior Member

If Disney wishes to be neutral they should take a good look at their line-up at WABC.
    Everything right wing. Nothing neutral or fair and balanced.

7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

This thread has just about outlived it's usefulness on "Farenheit 911".

8. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Cliff, I read what you wrote, but looking back over your "file" you seem to have a history of political confrontations with the moderators going back a long while. If you have a political agenda and you want it made known, do it somewhere else please.

9. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Forum Resident

The article makes it quite clear that the producers have the right to distribute it elsewhere, just like 'Dogma'.

10. RDK

RDK Active Member

Tons of publicity = tons of money. Don't worry, this *will* be distributed...

11. Rivendell61

Rivendell61 New Member

Yes. Disribution is NOT a question. The last Moore film made money. Lots of folks are lined up to take the role of distributer. As SH said above MM likes to stir it up--getting people cranked both pro and con is his forte.
    Disney has been subject to some controversy over political/cultural issues and does not want to be hit with boycotts and increased alienation of it's customer base.
    They are just being smart. And Moore will get the same publicity boost as Gibson.
    Both should win. Although I now hear my television saying congress may investigate.....
    Mark

12. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Boy, wait until D-104 reads THAT comment....!

I guess it's indicative that a thread about Michael Moore would stir the crap up. I met Michael(he filmed an episode of his TV series in Burlington), and thought he was a straight-up guy. I suppose those of a more conservative bent would have harsher things to say about him. Me, I try to stay middle-of-the-road, so I have no comment here....

Evan

13. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

I think we're done. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.