Fan made alternative album covers by your favorite artists!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by andrewskyDE, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Camera Sparks

Camera Sparks Senior Member

Not very 'rubbery'
    [​IMG]

jricc, mc7t, gvout and 1 other person like this.
  2. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Yes. It was closed for the simple reasons that almost no one obeyed the new guidelines/instructions we posted.

On that note, this thread may get shut down soon. I will re-iterate the guidelines:

You MUST give credit when using an image you found on-line. Credit who created the original work, where you found it, and post a link to give credit where credit is due.

If it's your own work, ALWAYS credit the original photographer of the picture you are using.

Also, cite what you are using. For example, "I took this promo picture from 1965 & made a cover out of it" or "here's a picture from a Hungarian picture sleeve for "Tired Of Waiting For You".

It's also incredibly disrespectful to take someone else's work & pass it off as one's own to get a bunch of "likes".
    It's also rude & arrogant to be too lazy to take the time (usually a few seconds) to type the name of the person that created the original are you enjoy so much.

This is a forum that celebrates & discusses the art (music) of artists (musicians).
    Why not show the same respect to any artist who creates something you enjoy?
    Let people know who it is.

Moving forward, follow the guidelines in this thread.
    Posts that do not will be deleted.

3. Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert Forum Reconstructor

Just a small question: what if I'm not sure of the photo's autor/owner? Is just quoting where I found it enough, in that case?

4. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

I really like this one! The colors of the background curtain and reversed text make it come alive.

Hep Alien likes this.
  5. Peter_R

Do a reverse google image search. That will usually help you find it.

In the meant time, if you can't the original credit, I'd hold off on posting it.

6. Dr. Robert

Fair enough. Thanks!

gvout likes this.
  7. Camera Sparks

What if the photographer is unknown?

8. Peter_R

Mention that in the post.

gvout likes this.
  9. Camera Sparks

Okie Dokie Loki

10. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

Cool job! And I’m only pointing this out because I’d want someone to do it for me but you’ve got a typo in “comfortably numb” (an N instead of an M)

11. Dr. Robert

Damnit! I'll fix that, thanks for the heads up!
    É isso que acontece quando o Inglês não é sua primeira língua :D

ejluther likes this.
  12. Camera Sparks

The Rutles 'Love Life' single
    [​IMG]
    IDK who took the Rutles picture.

geo50000, vince and Hep Alien like this.
  13. Camera Sparks

Alternate Anthology
    [​IMG]
    Photographer - a lot
    used alternate album covers - me

14. Camera Sparks

HELP!
    [​IMG]
    idk who took the pictures

andrewskyDE, Hep Alien and forthlin like this.
  15. Camera Sparks

3 All You Need Is Love sleeves
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    photographer - various

WildHoneyPie9 and Hep Alien like this.
  16. Dr. Robert

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A cover for a kind of "tour sampler" I've been doing for Bruce Springsteen's tours. I take my favourite versions of the most played songs on the tour and bam, I have a nice representation of what the tour was. Front pic is by an unknown photographer, and the second is by Lynn Goldsmith.

I'm going to start a label with all my live artwork and call it Same Font and Design Records :D

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Moshe, Bill and Hep Alien like this.
  17. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

o_O
    Of course leaving off the credit of Klaus Voormann who painted and designed the whole piece. :sigh:

18. Camera Sparks

Oh shoot I can't believe I did that! I'll ad it (I'm such a fan of his can you belive it?!)

19. Dr. Robert

[​IMG]

Alternative artwork and title for "Exile on Main Street", if it still was released on Decca. Photo taken from a promotional postcard for Exile, and the potato quality of the photo is intentional :D

(PS: Love the fact that, just like the album, Bill didn't bother to come to the photo sessions. Life imitates art...)

20. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner Thread Starter

Inspired by box set discussions we have in the all things White Album thread, here's my suggestion of a Beatles Archive Collection edition featuring their albums (up to Sgt. Pepper).
    [Part One]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Original photos by Angus McBean (Please Please Me) and Robert Freeman (the other three albums).
    Album covers taken from thebeatles.com. Slightly changed by me.
    Packaging based on the Paul McCartney Archive Collection books (MPL/Hear Music/Concord). I used a scan of the McCartney deluxe book as a template and recolored it for all Fabs albums.

21. andrewskyDE

Inspired by box set discussions we have in the all things White Album thread, here's my suggestion of a Beatles Archive Collection edition featuring their albums (up to Sgt. Pepper).
    [Part Two]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Original photos by Robert Freeman (Help! and Rubber Soul), drawing/collage by Klaus Voormann (Revolver).
    Sgt. Pepper designed by Peter Blake and Jann Haworth (based on a sketch by Paul McCartney), art director: Robert Fraser, photograph: Michael Cooper.
    Album covers taken from thebeatles.com. Slightly changed by me.
    Packaging based on the Paul McCartney Archive Collection books (MPL/Hear Music/Concord). I used a scan of the McCartney deluxe book as a template and recolored it for all Fabs albums.

22. Cameron.39

Cameron.39 Forum Resident

You are AMAZINGLY talented to create these. I'm really digging the Stones one especially

andrewskyDE likes this.
  23. andrewskyDE

Thank you so much!

24. Cameron.39

Could you do one for the Hollies' 1967 Album "Butterfly"? I've never been a fan of that artwork and it's my favourite album of theirs. The German version uses the back cover photo instead which is much better

25. Cameron.39

I created alternative artwork for the "lost" Hollies 1968 LP. I used a variant of the cover used for "Hollies' Greatest", which was their contractural replacement for the absent studio LP in August 1968. Sorry it's not great quality, I need to get the hang of sharing images on forums!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HappyFingers, Bill and btltez like this.