Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald (11/16/2018)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by neo123, Nov 16, 2017.

1. neo123

neo123 Forum Resident Thread Starter

This is the title and release date of the next movie in the Fantastic Beasts series.

Jude Law joins the series as young Dumbledore, Eddie Redmayne returns as Newt Scamander and Johnny Depp returns as Grindelwald.

'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald': Cast, title, and plot to Potter prequel revealed

"Here’s the official summary:

'At the end of the first film, the powerful Dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald (Depp) was captured by MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of America), with the help of Newt Scamander (Redmayne). But, making good on his threat, Grindelwald escaped custody and has set about gathering followers, most unsuspecting of his true agenda: to raise pure-blood wizards up to rule over all non-magical beings.

In an effort to thwart Grindelwald’s plans, Albus Dumbledore (Law) enlists his former student Newt Scamander, who agrees to help, unaware of the dangers that lie ahead. Lines are drawn as love and loyalty are tested, even among the truest friends and family, in an increasingly divided wizarding world.'

Directed by David Yates from a screenplay by J.K. Rowling, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald will apparate into theaters on Nov. 16, 2018."

2. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Only for Harry Potter bucks would a movie studio be willing to put out a movie with "Grindelwald" in the title.

longdist01 and Solaris like this.
  3. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Forum Resident

We'll go see it, but I didn't like the first one at all compared to the Potter series. Hopefully this one will be some sort of improvement.

4. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Looking forward to it. The first one grew on me after repeat viewings. I do like it now.

5. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Forum Resident

I liked the first film, I would put it on par with the last four HP films. Looking forward to this one as well.

SandAndGlass and Al Kuenster like this.
  6. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Not sure about that title, though. I can't understand why filmmakers put words with negative connotations in a movie title when it can be twisted by critics to describe the movie itself. In this case, "The Crimes of the Filmmakers," or something like that.

7. neo123

neo123 Forum Resident Thread Starter