Farewell to OPPO Digital

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by SamS, Apr 2, 2018.

1. My guess is that each shipment is multiple thousands of players. I mean, there must be cargo containers full coming from the OEM in China. Ever seen how big just one cargo container is? BIG.

2. Also, there is no way that shipments are just 50-100 players. I’m not sure what basis the person above has to say that. We are talking about mass produced consumer goods here. This is not a cottage industry product.

3. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yeah, I know a big cargo container can hold thousands of players. I just wasn't sure how many units the factory was willing to produce. It looks to me now, that they might fulfill 1000's of orders.

4. Abacab

Abacab Forum Resident

And I was 4000 behind

5. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Did you get the email yet?

6. Abacab

Abacab Forum Resident

They told me it was unlikely I would get one. I have not.

7. I wouldn't panic. Literally the exact same thing happened to me last week and after contacting Oppo through email, everything was straightened out.

My 205 arrived today.

8. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Yup. Was able to straighten it out with them. It’s on its way.

robtodd, PhantomStranger and tmtomh like this.
  9. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Sooo...what did you end up doing?

10. Lyfsux

Lyfsux Forum Resident

Hey guys, what I did was save the original confirm interest email from Oppo. Then I clicked on it like 3 or 4 times! Each time I got the same message... Thanks for your interest in the 205, we will contact you when new units are available in late August mid September, blah, blah, blah. Don't know if it helped, but I received my email yesterday, and ordered right away. Keep the faith!

Nesto719 likes this.
  11. Nesto719

Nesto719 Active Member

I was 1000 behind as well and other have gotten their players with the same waiting list

12. Nesto719

Nesto719 Active Member

Can you forward that one to me

13. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Bought the 205!

tmtomh, Bill Mac and chili555 like this.
  14. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

That's what you get for having a Capital One card. I cancelled mine, with a vengeance.

15. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

I do have a Capital One card, but the card in question was Citi. Their fraud holds are really annoying. My card was once declined because I was buying flowers for my wife on Mothers' Day at a florist a mile from my house. What could be less suspicious than that? When I called them up, they told me it's because my previous purchase was on Amazon, and they've seen a pattern of fraud when people make purchases at physical stores right after a purchase on Amazon. I asked them if they bothered look at my account so they could see that I average at least one Amazon purchase a day. Frustrating.

16. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Awesome! Congrats.

17. strat95

strat95 Senior Member

Just wondering for you guys that just received your invitation to purchase, when did you receive the invitation to be put on the buy list?

18. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Not sure. Several months ago, but I don't think I was invited. My recollection is that, when I heard that Oppo was going out of business, I visited the site and checked a box to be put on the list.

19. strat95

strat95 Senior Member

Yes, I should have said 'confirmation' to be kept on the willing to buy list, as they sent out a confirmation email after signing up on their site.

20. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Yes, that 1000 people ahead of me seems "awfully padded" high! Makes me wonder, what was the actual count of the 205's shipments gone out so far and what's left? It would be nice to know.

Audiowannabee likes this.
  21. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

If the number of 1000 was correct maybe many declined to buy. I'm sure there were many that signed up but when the time came changed their mind. Could be the cost, no actual need for the 205 or just didn't answer the confirmation email.

22. Ken E.

Ken E. Senior Member

Count me in, if I don’t like the 2-channel sound someone here will benefit as I’ll look to sell it here first.

Metralla and The Beave like this.
  23. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Word from Robert Zohn is the Pioneer LX800 will not be released in the US. If you’re looking for balanced outs, grab the 205 if you can. :)

24. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

I registered on April 12 and confirmed on May 9.

25. The two channel audio direct to my receiver via rca cables sound much better on the 205 than on my older Rotel disc player.

tmtomh likes this.