Fargo FX Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Mar 15, 2014.

1. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

"That's what you're going to say a couple of hours from now: 'You're making a mistake.'" :targettiphat:

bopdd likes this.
  2. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

I've dvr'd all eps except the first one. Is the first ep critical and should wait til it repeats, or can I jump in with ep 2?

3. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

I'd wait.

4. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I thought about that for a while when Colin Hanks picked him up, but when it happened, I thought "HA!, that's funny!" There's a ton of black humor in this show weekly. I was going to say as much as Breaking Bad, but there was nowhere near as much humor in BB as this show. I love it!

5. rburly

Yeah, it may not be as crucial as Breaking Bad, but it's pretty crucial to following this story.

6. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

The first episode sets everything up. Definitely wait. Make sure you don't have it available via "On Demand."

7. Hannibal it this great too.

8. bopdd

bopdd Senior Member

I'm enjoying this show a lot more than I thought I would. It keeps things interesting and channels the original movie without embarrassing itself. I can't wait to see where the plot goes, since one of the best aspects of modern shows like these is their ability to stay ahead of the audience. Here's hoping the remainder of the season does just that.

9. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

I think I'm going to have to rewatch all. I kinda spaced #3 while watching it (really missed a lot ) but felt bored. Maybe I need to give it another chance. I still haven't seen 4 yet. Will catch up on this and 24 this weekend.

10. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I quite like it. Surprised no talk so far here about it. Nobody I know is even watching it, to my surprise.
    You guys watching?

11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

12. aoxomoxoa

13. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Does anyone know if this show is going to end on TV this year, or are they going to prolong it into 2015? I know it is supposed to be a "limited" 10 episode thing (5 aired so far) but am wondering if I am going to have to wait another year to see how it ends up....

14. rburly

I don't know for certain, but I'll bet thet show 10 straight. (What's the comedian's name?) He has Just Call Saul this next fall.

15. aoxomoxoa

Is that a real thing? I figured it was a joke?

16. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

It's supposed to wrap up this year. They designed it as an anthology - like American Horror Story - so if it comes back next year it will be a different storyline and different cast.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  17. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Cool thanks. I'm digging the show and don't want to have to wait another year for a wrapup!

18. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I can't believe Lester let his hand go that long when it will obviously be his downfall. He had to know there was a piece of shot in there. Did he ever go back to the pharmacy to get ointment? Did he put any disinfectant on it? Why didn't he get a knife and tweezers and do his best to get the piece of shot out? He knew enough not to go to a hospital for it.

19. rburly

Yeah, it's a real show slated for sometime in the fall. You can do a search in Visual Arts and it's in there somewhere. We're just hoping it's a good show.

20. aoxomoxoa

I think they are pulling everyone's leg. Have they been shooting this?

21. rburly

22. rburly

23. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

They may have gotten his name from Lester, but how could the goons looking for the killer of Sam Hess possibly have found Malvo?

24. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

It was pretty amazing how closely this true story seemed to match the contours of the original film. They were able to recreate the tone of the movie and then expand on some of the themes. It seemed like rather a strange premise for a series at first, but I've been pleasantly surprised at how they were able to build on it. I'll be curious to see how things go next season in a different kind of setting with a different story.

Steve-oh likes this.
  25. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I couldn't figure that out either. It's like they knew exactly what car he was driving PLUS where he was too, in order to plan that ambush. Only thing I could figure/assume was that with all these guys being in the hitman game that somehow they were given that info how to find him/get to him through some kind of "hitman network".