Fargo FX Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Mar 15, 2014.

1. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Maybe the two passersby who came across the flipped over prisoner bus and were tracked down like in the original movie.

2. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

My interpretation was the forces from above gave Emmitt a second chance when he showed true redemption by volunteering to be killed by Nikki. I think it also had something to do with that mysterious phrase Nikki was saying. Thus, it was the reason he was unscathed from two bullets flying past him while in the line of fire. It also allowed for his car to start up again (I don't think it was a "continuity error" as someone posted, I think that was very intentional). And all evidence of his appearance there was erased. That is why the car disappeared on screen.

EVOLVIST, GodShifter and JimW like this.
  3. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

One bullet and a shotgun blast. I'm not sure how someone doesn't get hit by a shotgun blast at that range. It must have been divine intervention. Emmitt should talk to Jules Winnfield.

GodShifter, tonyc and LEONPROFF like this.
  4. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Wasn't that just self preservation on her part though ?
    I did think Emmit leaving the phone on the road was ridiculous and I'm usually not bothered by that sort of thing.

5. clayton

clayton Senior Member

After watching the season 3 finale I'll have to say that Season 2 remains my favorite so far. can't top Kirsten Dunst in season 2 IMO.

Vinyl Addict, serj, kouzie and 2 others like this.
  6. trem two

trem two Forum Resident

I like to think the ending was kind of an evil version of "Waiting for Godot".

So to me Varga is still waiting to be "saved" by something that does not exist and/or will never show up. Of course, this might reflect my desire/faith to believe evil does not triumph .

The ironic part is that the skeptic in me would never believe that happy ending if it was written in the script, but by leaving it open it allows me to read into it and thus that ending seems more "believable" to me than if the film gave that ending. Sometimes great art/texts can be more about the thinking that they trigger, than in the knowledge in the story or the resolution of uncertainty.

Of course, all this plays on the existential themes that crop up through out the series.

JimW likes this.
  7. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Great post. Though I'd change that sometimes... can be to simply is.

8. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

If you rewatch the scene when the cops arrive there very much looks like a crime photographer taking pictures between the 2 vehicles. The first thing I thought was there were tire tracks left from Emmett's car. But it never played out that way.

Loved this season, btw.

GodShifter, JimW and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Business doesn't work that way...That's totally criminal. Any assets you pull from the company in anticipation of a bankruptcy can be crawled back. What business DOES do, though is this: Buy a corporation. Strip off the valuable assets and deal those to the people who own the business. Load the remaining business up with debt to do a bit of spit and polish. THEN spin the business off to new owners, often (usually) through an IPO. This is the standard vulture capitalist model. Well known examples would include the clothes chain Mervyn's (real estate stripped off and remaining debt-loaded chain collapsed with the next economic downturn) and Chrysler (again the hard assets like the headquarters building were stripped off before offloading the sinking corpse on US taxpayers).

10. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

I probably could talk myself into really liking it, but I found it unsatisfying. A show or movie does not have to have a neat, explainable ending for me to like it, but I have to be left with a sense of closure (even if I cannot explain why I feel that way). But overall, I liked the season and all of the episodes to one degree or another.

Time for me to switch back to my old avatar.

11. chacha

Fun avatar!

12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the dilemma:

does carrie coon get an emmy nod for 'fargo" or for "the leftovers" or for both. (possibly one best and one best supporting)

and does mary elizabeth winstead get best or supporting?

davidb1 and LEONPROFF like this.
  13. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

I was just re-watching season two. I understand that life imitated art and that Dunst and Jesse Plemons are now a couple. I kept thinking: who does Plemons remind me of? With the right break, he could step into all those roles that normally would have gone to Philip Seymour Hoffman.

GodShifter and rufus t firefly like this.
  14. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

He's Meth Damon.

EVOLVIST, GodShifter, Deesky and 2 others like this.
  15. chacha

Supporting

16. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

What about the investigator Sy and Emmet hired who got thrown over the side of a parking garage? Varga ordered that murder. That would be one more. Was there another one?

Sorry, I'm late to the party as I just watched the finale. Can someone remind me what was the last we saw of Sy before the final scene at the dinner table? I don't remember what happened to him.

I just remembered Varga has Sy poisoned. Maybe that is the other "conspiracy to commit murder" he was charged with?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  17. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

she was great and so was Nick Offerman.

kouzie likes this.
  18. chacha

The last I remember was Sy was in a coma in hospital.

19. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I believe the six counts of murder on Varga where the Stussys and the couple that were executed who came upon the bus crash/heist.

As said above, Sy drank some poisonous tea from Varga and wound up in a coma.

20. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

He was having dinner with the family in the scene before Emmit got got.

21. chacha

We were speaking of the time before that.

22. I thought it fabulous. so it worked for some folks.

23. And he was in the Master with Hoffman.

24. FritzL

FritzL Adrift & Dumbfounded

In the 3rd episode, near the beginning, Santana's Jingo in played. It was in surround sound. I know the Santana album it is on (Santana) has not be released in surround and it doesn't sound to me like a live version, which has been released in surround.

Does anyone know the source? Thx.

25. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Maybe here?

Santana - Santana