Fargo FX Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Mar 15, 2014.

1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Yeah ..got series one.
    Thought it was a nautical pirate series.
    Just finished disc one, and it's all land based. Guess it's popularity is the nudity angle. Nothing authentic like Vikings, or better story related like Outlander.

Lonson likes this.
  2. Lonson

Lonson Don't get around much anymore

Actually as far as I can tell through research it IS historically accurate in overall story arc, probably more so than Vikings, with fictional characters introduced by Robert Louis Stevenson mixed with real persons of the time pivotal in the history. And there's plenty of sea adventure in this to come from that point forward . . . but a lot of the history of piracy in Nassau etc. was a land-based story. It's one of my favorite series of this decade.

alexpop likes this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Looking meh to me so far. I guess there's the eye candy. Season 2/3 are supposed to be better. I've not had much luck with the past 3 series I've watched, the other two being Westworld & The Son.

4. Lonson

We're all different. The eye candy isn't what draws me. . .Black Sails and WestWorld were among the best seasons I've watched this year.

5. Blair G.

Blair G. Forum Resident

Um, where is the eye candy in Season 1?
    Kate Walsh is the only one I can think of

6. Lonson

Alex and I were referring to the eye candy in Black Sails, first few episodes of the first season.

alexpop likes this.