Fast & Furious 7…

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Huck Caton, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huck Caton

Huck Caton Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I still haven't seen the movie but some of my fellow Furious 7 crew members are on the Todd Phillips feature I'm currently working on… and more than a couple didn't much care for F7. I'm hoping to see it when we get back from Morocco—but I totally understand that F7 might be too cartoony for some. Personally, I think Universal owes James Wan a considerable debt of gratitude for delivering a worldwide monster of a hit… despite the grown ups fighting him each and every time he attempted to do what they hired him for in the first place (revitalize the franchise). Anyway, that's my shiny 2¢! ;)

[​IMG]

Vidiot likes this.
  2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Go see the movie. I think I left out two terribles and one horrible.

Wan is a brilliant guy when it comes to placing the camera and knowing how to cut. Absolutely amazing camera movement and timing, brilliant beyond belief. But as much guts as a Hostess Twinkie. Stupid, stupid film.

The absolute, hands-down coolest thing in the entire movie: whenever two characters did a stunt where they had to roll, the entire camera rolled with them so you felt like the entire world was rolling around them. Brilliant move, one that I've never seen done anywhere before. He out-Bey'd Michael Bay in terms of beautiful camerawork and fast-paced editing.

alexpop, Drifter and lbangs like this.
  3. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Finally got around to seeing it today (Wanted to see it on opening day, but I got sick and the family went without me. So, I had a free day without the family today and saw it.)

I thought it was a fun ride with a nice tribute to Paul Walker at the end. The movie wasn't as good as Fast Five, but I think Furious 7 is one of the better ones of the franchise.
    If they do make more (probably depends on what Vin Diesel wants to do,) it will be nice to see Kurt Russell have a recurring role in them.

4. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Fast & Furious 8 already has a release date; April 14, 2017 and Vin Diesel will be on board.

5. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

I bought the Blu-Ray "tire" box set that allows room for "Furious 7" when it's released. It's a nice set. What I'd like to know is weather Universal will release an added insert card to go with the one included with the 1-6 tire set. It would be nice if we could get a special discount by showing the "tire" ownership.

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

There's always a chance they'll deflate your expectations and leave you flat.

audiomixer and PH416156 like this.
  7. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

8. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

I'm waiting for the blu ray release at this point.

Although I really wanted to go see it in the theater at initial release frankly after my last few theater experiences I'd rather enjoy my first time viewing in the comfort of my own home theater setup under my own conditions.

I've been a fan of the series from the start, cheesy stuff, inaccurate automotive stuff and all. Being an import drag racer long before the first F&F movie ever came out, & as bad as the first one was it just rubbed me the right way, silliness and all...I liked it. And as time has gone on the series has gotten much better IMO.

So, Sept 15 is the release date, I'm pumped and waiting, having avoided all thread info and preview spoilers about it.

I'll have a pizza ready, my theater system warmed up, and away we go, it will be CLUTCH!

"So, Dunn, looks like we're gonna be partners, bro. Could you tell me right quick what would be a better motor for my Skyline, a Gallo 12 or a Gallo 24?"

UMM, a 24?

"I didn't know pizza places made motors. "

:biglaugh:

9. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

10. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

11. 80sjunkie

80sjunkie Forum Resident

12. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

With the obscene number of classic cars each of these movies obliterate there are probably a whole lot of car fans and collectors who'd love to see this franchise run out of gas.

dan c

13. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

How can anyone possibly be a fan of these movies.
    Bad acting + bad "stunts" (CGI) = A very bad movie series

14. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

F7
    Good showcase for Jason Statham. Man,that mans got a good manager.

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And they just announced dates for Fast & Furious 7, 8, and 9. Universal is gonna keep floggin' this horse as long as they can, since it's the main franchise the studio's got.

[​IMG]

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/03/fast-furious-9-10-release-dates-vin-diesel

They basically own April for 2017, 2019, and 2021. I don't believe they've even gone into production on #8 yet, so they have a lot of work to do.

alexpop likes this.
  16. alexpop

Wow !!!
    Keen or what.

17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think it's stupid. They're gonna milk that cow until it falls over and drops dead. :realmad:

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  18. alexpop

Studios have to make returns, workers keep jobs, gotta eat pay bills. Star Wars also springs to mind. Nature of the biz,I guess.

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They have lots of ways in which they can do that. My disagreement with them is in making endless sequels, rather than coming up with new ideas. Eventually, this will bite them in the ass.

20. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

That happened about 4 sequels ago

21. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Nah...have you ever sat back and maybe pondered the thought that ppl may like the FF franchise?...I guess the dollars say they do...so, why would a studio looking to make money stop making them? Bring 'em on!

22. Michael

agreed...and if it pisses ppl off they shouldn't watch or follow the progress...

23. Michael

he does, but he always delivers the goods....so, I guess he ain't to hard to sell...big fan.

alexpop likes this.
  24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'd rather they make new, interesting films with different people and new ideas, instead of just endlessly regurgitating sequels. There is a limit. The sad thing is that there are a lot of stories to tell out there; the studios just have to have the courage to spend the money and do them.

I don't mind a studio having a franchise or two when it makes a lot of money. What is a concern is when you have one studio -- say, Disney -- that has five or six separate franchises and appears to only want to make those. Disney alone is now responsible for Pirates, Muppets, Star Wars, the Pixar cartoons (and endless sequels), and the Disney cartoons. What we're seeing is the death of small mysteries, intimate dramas, romantic comedies, slapstick comedies, melodramas, and stuff like that.

I love cheeseburgers as much as the next guy, but it's nice to vary your diet every day. I don't want 7 days a week of cheeseburgers, no matter how much bigger and better they're made.

25. alexpop

Better get used to it as there will be more and more, and more( that's a lot of more's) of these type of movies. When they stop being popular, they will wait a few years ( 10/20), then reboot the franchise. I like new original films as well. Their just not appearing fast n furious anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.