Favorite cable manufacturers?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by audiorocks, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellsworth

Ellsworth Forum Resident

I should look at some new interconnects but it is such a pain to get behind the rack to change cables that I don't play around with them too much.

2. missan

missan Forum Resident

To me it´s about the same as: Who is your favourite manufacterer of vinyl compound?

Schwinnparamount likes this.
  3. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

Also, these (and a few other names never mentioned in threads like these) are the only cable brands you will find behind the racks of 99.9% of all recording studios.

4. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I use Morrow interconnects, phono cables, and bi-wired speaker cables. Very happy with them.

T'mershi Duween and cmndrums like this.
  5. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Lee, do you have experience with Shunyata's audio signal interconnects? I have and like their power conditioners and AC cables, but was wondering about the other stuff.

I have Grover interconnects and have been quite pleased with those.

6. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Just a little experience with signal cables from Shunyata and they sound very good but it is based on friend's systems and not my own.

7. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

True. I had quite a few different Nordost years ago when they were ribbon shaped. Pretty cool looking.

8. conjotter

conjotter Forum Resident

Cardas speaker wire and interconnects.

9. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

Or was it just the speaker cables that were ribbon? Can't remember. Had a whole sales suitcase lent for a weekend from my neighbourhood dealer.

10. johnscousin

johnscousin Forum Resident

Chord
    Rega
    Naim

11. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

My favourites are Grover and Cardas.

12. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Shunyata Research (Zitron series)

My first exposure to this company's cables in my system was a jaw dropping experience. I was expecting to hear some improvement, but not THAT much. It was as if someone turned up the audio version of a 3D control.

13. Analogman

Analogman Well-Known Member

What were you using before?

14. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

My current favorite is Blue Jeans Cable. I like the reasonable cost. And I like the build.

I'm using their LC-1 cable for RCA. I like the Canare RCA plugs that they use. The Canare RCA plugs are easy to connect to gear, stay secure without getting loose, but don't grip so tight that I risk damaging gear trying to get them on or off. RCA cables with a grip of death scare me. To me the Canare RCA plugs are awesome and grip just right.

I also just got a pair of balanced XLR cables from Blue Jeans. I opted for their Belden 1800F cable for that.

15. Jack Flannery

Jack Flannery Forum Resident

I concur with Blue Jeans.

16. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

Synergistic for the REL subs
    Cardas and Kimber interconnects
    Audioquest for best all around speaker and interconnect and
    Tara for when I can afford them, to me one of the best. Take care, John M.

17. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

I'm using Black Cat Lectraline XE interconnects, Silverheart speaker cables, and Shunyata Venom power cables.

LeeS likes this.
  18. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Cobalt Cable and Mogami.

Cobalt Cable are no longer in existence, but their product was quite well made. The speaker cables had the locking banana plugs--which I liked. The interconnects were solid, no-nonsense units, and they performed their task well. But when compared with the Shunyata Research stuff the Cobalt cables came off sounding a bit slow and veiled--particularly the interconnects.

I still use the Cobalt Cable speaker cables in my computer room system. They are a good match for the Paradigm Signature Series monitors.

As for the Mogami cables, I used them primarily between the pre pro and amps. My comments above regarding Cobalt Cable also apply to Mogami but to a lesser degree. I still use Mogami in my computer room system.

There's nothing wrong with Mogami or Cobalt Cable as they were/are solid performers. However, Shunyata (Zitron series) is in a whole other league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.