Favorite Cult Movie

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DjBryan, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DjBryan

DjBryan New Member Thread Starter

I really enjoy "The Hollywood Knights" Volare.........

2. stumpy

stumpy Forum Resident

3. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

MIRACLE MILE ... loved that movie, great ending!

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

PRETTY POISON...ah, Tuesday...:love:

5. Michael

...the cars the star of that flick...love that engine whine..:agree:

6. doubleaapn

doubleaapn Forum Resident

Too many to choose from but one of my favorites that I've watched recently is Mario Bava's "Kill Baby Kill". It's an Italian horror film from the mid-60's that is incredibly atmospheric. The color cinematography is wonderful, although all of the DVD prints i've seen seem to be quite lacking in terms of representing the film properly. I'm dying for a proper presentation of this bizarre yet excellent film.

Aaron

7. vex

vex New Member

Blue Velvet

8. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

.....................Yeah that's a good one but my favorite cult movie with the delectable young Tuesday Weld is LORD LOVE A DUCK also featuring the ever quirky Roddy Mcdowell. You haven't seen disturbing cinematic weirdness until you watch the quickcut sweater changing interlude with her drooling father.

It's a 3 WAY TIE, however with the following for my favorite cult film...

VIDEODROME-my favorite rabid overthetop performance by James Woods with a storyline that seems more prophetic with each passing year.

REANIMATOR-whooooahhh! Totally off the wall H.P. Lovecraft adaptation. Get the unrated version with the amorous severed head-one of the sickest yet most hilarious movie moments ever!!

9. GKH

GKH Senior Member

Oh yeah!!! I saw it when I lived in L.A. Soundtrack by Tangerine Dream, too! Most people have never even heard of this movie! :righton:

Tough topic! Lots of good choices out there. There are a lot of movies that would be considered a 'cult' movie!

10. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Plan 9 From Outer Space. A true masterpiece of bad film-making. I watch it about twice a year, and always get something new out of it. Can you prove it didn't happen??

"All you of Earth are idiots!!!" :laugh:

11. reechie

reechie Senior Member

12. Phlo

Phlo Formerly dave-o

The Nightwalker. An early 60's William Castle movie starring Barbara Stanwyck. Scared me to death as a kid and still awaiting the DVD release.

13. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

John Waters' "Female Trouble," with "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" coming in a close second. I can watch both of them over and over and still enjoy them tremendously.

14. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Mad Magazine Presents: Up The Academy
    Student Bodies
    The History Of White People In America
    Heathers

I'll think of more later...

15. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

Grant, it's no longer "Mad Magazine Presents:"! Bill Gaines paid to have the magazine and all its references destroyed from the movie, because he thought it was terrible.

I must say, I prefer Mad's satire of the movie than the movie itself.

Oh, and as for Cult movies...

Freaks
    Plan 9 from Outer Space
    Glen & Glenda

16. GKH

GKH Senior Member

Anyone remember "Parents" w/Randy Quaid??!!! They were cannibals. It was weird! :eek: :eek: :eek:

17. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Interesting. I always thought the whole idea was for the movie to be bad. That's what makes it good. Bill Gaines should talk. He made a living off bad lampooning of movies in his magazine.

From what I have found, it still does not exist on DVD.

18. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Three The Hard Way

Watched the DVD last night.:D

19. Michael

even the glowing lime green DVD case is neat! Fun movie indeed!

20. YaQuin

YaQuin Formerly Blue Moon

John Sayles 1984 - Brother From Another Planet

21. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Repo Man
    Brother From Another Planet
    Mad Max

Evan

22. KLM

KLM Senior Member

I've always been a big fan of "Highlander." Love the Queen soundtrack, cinematography, storyline, and yes even the acting with Sean Connory and all...

23. rockerreds

rockerreds Senior Member

Chiily Scenes Of Winter/Head Over Heels-John Heard,Mary Beth Hurt,Peter Riegert,Gloria Grahame,Kenneth McMillan,Nora Heflin,Griffin Dunne,Jerry Hardin

The first title is the short version-sad ending,the second is 6 minutes longer and has "happy"ending.

24. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

If this includes major movies that were blockbusters at the time, but are now relegated to cult status overtime, I would nominate "Convoy."

25. Ken E.

Ken E. Senior Member

I'm not exactly sure what a "cult movie" is. Having said that, I would nominate John Frankenheimer's "Grand Prix" from 1966. Sadly not available on DVD (yet), have seen it in its original theater run and on television. If you are a fan of motor racing - especially open wheel - a must see. Regarded by many as the best of its kind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.