Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Just to be clear my English actors comment refers to another thread, I was just having fun, we do have an English actor playing the son and an Australian actor playing the daughter.

2. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

My daughter said they are doing something online. A few 16 minutes videos about another group of people and one of them will be on the show next season? Anybody here something like that?

3. stuguy

stuguy Forum Resident

I totally agree. Episodes 4 and 5 were much better, however the show moves along so slowly. Definitely need more action and/or move along the plot more quickly.

4. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

The first thing out of the mouth of the soldier should have been the meaning of the code word if he was being completely 100% honest with the family upfront.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    EVOLVIST likes this.
  5. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Except they wanted to know where their family members were, that was their first priority, I think Ruben Blades only picked up on the code word because he had the guy's radio turned on and was monitoring it, so it would have taken a while to register as important.

6. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

So far Kim Dickens and Ruben Blades are the only 2 characters I care about.

DreadPikathulhu and stuguy like this.
  7. I'm trying to figure out why he gave away jewelry to bribe the guard in to getting Nick back. I heard what he said about Nick, but a junkie as an ally? I can't really see the logic in that. Someone sick, body wracked by drug use, apparently low IQ, etc. does not seem like a good buddy in the apocalypse. Unless he has a thing for Johnny Depp look-alikes.

audioguy3107 likes this.
  8. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I want to get into this show.I just do not care about any of these charactars.Not even the zombies.

Scott222C and jriems like this.
  9. trem two

trem two Forum Resident

I read it like he sees a junkies skill set as being able to lie, cheat, steal...or anything to achieve their goal...junk. Hell, he was able to manipulate his mom into stealing drugs from her work for him. Thanks mom.

Johnny Depp and Rooster for the win.:cool:

stuguy and Shawn like this.
  10. stuguy

stuguy Forum Resident

He would do anything. The scene where he steals the morphine from the dying woman is just one example.

trem two likes this.
  11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

good epy this week...I do enjoy the process of chaos...I will see TWD differently when it returns.

12. Michael

I like them all, but the Blades with the blade scene was ridiculous and uncalled for...

trem two likes this.
  13. Michael

they seem to be concentrating on the process of decay...they're leaving the carnage for TWD...IMO.

14. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

What zombies?

15. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Agreed...I guess they wanted to make him look like some kind of badass but all they did was make him look like a psychopath.

SonOfAlerik, Dubmart and Michael like this.
  16. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

17. Michael

totally!

18. Michael

the fresh ones that just turned....

19. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

The girl in the donut shop?

20. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

This show is so bad, it is a total hoot - in this last ep I laughed my ass off at the stupidity of the characters/writers - another positive for me was (almost) no annoying Kim Dickens screentime - Yay!

This last episode was so drenched in orange and teal,it wasn't funny anymore. Is this how they try to make Canada look like LA ?

Michael likes this.
  21. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

22. Michael

orange smogtime!

23. audioguy3107

audioguy3107 Forum Resident

I finally caught up on the DVR....I'm in the camp of not really liking the characters..........does anyone else here think Travis is a buffoon? I'm not sure how they're going to keep this going without it turning into a TWD west. I thought the original idea was to document the ongoing societal decay and how we progress from normalcy to the carnage that you see in TWD. It's only been 5 episodes and they've already given up L.A. as lost. I figured we'd see first responders, government officials, news broadcasts, radio spots, etc. to frame the first days of the outbreak and have it progress slowly so you could really imagine yourself living the event. All this would be seen through the eyes of Travis and his family of course, but we seem to have just skipped over all that and now everyone in L.A. is gone. I'm also a little annoyed about the whole military is bad, they're treating us like animals blah blah. During a zombie apocalypse or such, I for one would love to see a bunch of Marines with automatic weapons camped out on my street, but maybe that's just me.

- Buck

Rubber65, jriems, Kyhl and 3 others like this.
  24. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I agree. We seem to have gone from the rather silly riot to almost complete decimation in the space of a few episodes without actually seeing how the decimation came about.

Scott222C and GentleSenator like this.
  25. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

My feeling so far is there aren't any characters I really care about. With TWD we had good characters from the first episode. Here they are mostly annoying. And they have already lowered themselves to torture to get information? They haven't seen anything yet when it comes to what the characters of TWD have experienced. I lost more respect for the mother when she was fine with the torture.

I guess these are the kind of survivors that you want to avoid when the zombie outbreak occurs.

Rubber65, Kyhl and Scott222C like this.