Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

I hope they turn the fear meter up to 11 :laugh:

Hawklord likes this.
  2. CoryS

CoryS Forum Resident

Just a matter of time before a Terminator is sent back to kill the first zombie.

Vidiot likes this.
  3. CoryS

CoryS Forum Resident

Which reminds me of the other screenplay I'll probably never get around to...

X-Men Evolution

The premise being a chronicle of all of the mutations that didn't really prove to be advantageous.
    The ability to transform into a zombie was what triggered this memory, but I was also inspired by this:

[​IMG]

4. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

5. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

What day is the premiere ?

Michael likes this.
  6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I w just going to ask this...I haven't been following the news, but I hit on this thread.

7. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

the six-episode first season is set for an August debut - Variety

rufus t firefly and Michael like this.
  8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Thanks Doc!

9. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

10. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

I'll be watching, if a zombie doesn't get me first.

11. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Six episodes? Really? :sigh:

12. That's how the original show began.

13. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

And I disliked the practice just as much then. To me, 10 or 12 episodes is the minimum that a season should be. Yes, I know the UK has had short "series" for decades, but I dislike the trend of US shows moving toward that model. I don't think a season can build momentum if it's that short. Sure, it can be good, but it's more like a mini-series.

I prefer a more traditional-length TV season. Just my opinion.

CBC, vegafleet and MikeInFla like this.
  14. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Can a Zombie jump a shark? I am curious and will watch but I sense the end of the genre is near.

Gumboo likes this.
  15. MikeInFla

I miss the days of old where we had around 25 episodes per season of a show. That way if it only made it 3 seasons at least you had 75 episodes you could watch on DVD later.

jhm likes this.
  16. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

So do I, Mike. The argument is always brought up that with fewer episodes per season there's so much less filler which leads to more "quality" episodes. In my experience, I find that there are just as many "meh" episodes in a short season as in a long one, so I disagree that short=quality.

Bottom line is it's just cheaper to do a short season, and it frees up the stars to go off and do other projects since they're not tied up shooting as long. Short seasons are just a cop-out.

Vidiot and MikeInFla like this.
  17. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

A perfect example is the original "Star Trek". Only on for three years, yet a total of
    79 episodes aired during that three years. And in the 60's, when I was a teenager, most
    shows had that many episodes ( and had only about three months of summer reruns before
    the new season began). I miss those days too........

Hawklord and MikeInFla like this.
  18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

My guess is that the title refers to the band Fear, i.e. Fear: The Walking Dead. Perhaps we'll discover that Lee Ving and Philo Cramer were patients 0 and 1 of the epidemic.

500Homeruns likes this.
  19. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

The old format of longer seasons works for shows that don't have an over-arching story, or if they do, only deal with it every few episodes (like The X-Files). For serialized shows like The Walking Dead, I don't think longer seasons would be beneficial. It didn't work out so well for Lost when it was 24 episodes (or however many), which then pretty much started the trend of serialized shows having half seasons with less filler.

20. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

My guess is that at best they'd shuffle up to the shark and fall over it.

MikeInFla, Gumboo and sixtiesstereo like this.
  21. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Many shows in the early years of television had upwards of 40 episodes per season. I have the Restless Gun complete series from 57-59, just two seasons, but 78 episodes!

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Unless they created the first zombie in order to efficiently kill off the human race. :sigh:

I believe it's all ruled by budgets as well. I can't dispute that networks like the BBC do magnificent shows with 10 or 12-show seasons, but they're crippled by budget cuts and all kinds of problems. I generally think the answer is to spend lots of money and hire more writers, but I concede there are producers like Julian Fellowes, who insist on writing and/or overseeing all the shows themselves to guarantee top quality and 100% creative control.

23. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Looks good.

MikeInFla and Encuentro like this.
  24. MikeInFla

And Comic Con trailer for season 6 is out as well, also looks awesome