Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

When it comes to dialogue and exposition, sometimes the direct approach works best, provided it's fast.

Michael likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I guess I hafta agree...

3. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

So what was Celia putting in the pozole?

Anyway, KABOOM, and back to the Abigail for some. Madison and Strand now seem to have an alliance.

4. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

So, I am not alone in thinking Celia snuck out the zombie cell before the big fire, right?

I guess she and Nick will get closer and he will have to choose which mommy heoves the most.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  5. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

God it was tough to watch.

mattdm11 likes this.
  6. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Thankfully, we now have 3 months to screw up enough courage to watch when it comes back in August...

Michael likes this.
  7. shokhead

:goodie::laugh:

8. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Kept reminding me of the barn scene in Walking Dead..

Eventually it has to go badly.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  9. dynamicalories

dynamicalories Forum Resident

Wow. That midseason finale was underwhelming.

Michael and Daryl M like this.
  10. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm looking forward to my summer off.

Michael likes this.
  11. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

mmm I don't know what to make of this series anymore. My wife and I are die hard TWD fans. But this series juts doesn't do for me. I try to get excited about it but there's nothing there. We'll watch it just because is the walking dead but it's not like we look forward to next Sunday like we do with TWD. Most of the characters i couldn't give a **** about. In fact, i was hopping they would kill someone off just to thin out the heard. I find that there's not enough story to go around. The daughter is really a backdrop, doesn't really have much in terms of contributing anything. Nick's story line is kind of interesting. I've taken a liking to Travis (I always liked Cliff Curtis as an actor), but he's not bringing it on. Victor is also kind of interesting but his story arc is mehhhh. Travis's kid I can simply do without. He holds a gun to his father, than a knife, he already punched his father on the boat, and there's no consequences to the kid. Madison just pisses me off. She's so contradictory with Travis. She wants him as a support but she's not willing to do it for Travis. I've given this series chance after chance but it's not pulling me in. I find the story disjointed with lot's of holes. I just got season 1 and 2 bluray of TWD and I'm watching season 1. It's solid and tight. You're interested in the characters and what they're doing. I may just hold off watching the rest of FTWD and wait until the series is finished then maybe give it another go.

Lewisboogie, Kubricker and Daryl M like this.
  12. Michael

weak, weak, weak...I didn't even know it was the mid season finale...

13. Michael

all in all I enjoyed this season so far, but the finale was unremarkable...

14. Michael

I'd rather have it all without a damn break! total Bu**$%t! why do they do that?

15. shokhead

$$

Michael likes this.
  16. Michael

yea, I guess that makes sense...

17. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Fear the Telenovela Dead - laughable pseudo "Drama" with wooden actors that somehow look like they don't want be on that show at all - and not because of the "Infected"

So bad it is almost good - almost !

EVOLVIST and kouzie like this.
  18. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

At this point, I only have myself to blame for continuing to watch the show. It's something to watch and not much more for me. The acting is stiff, the plots are weak and I just don't care about the characters that much.

Rubber65, Scott222C and GentleSenator like this.
  19. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

That episode felt really disjointed to me. It didn't flow well at all & felt like there were big chunks taken out here & there. I think I'll watch the pilot of Preacher again (TV done right) to get the bad taste of this one out of my mouth.

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i wonder if i can get a refund for my season pass on amazon.... i really can't watch this show any longer. it doesn't make any sense and the acting is atrocious.

Scott222C likes this.
  21. There's always Preacher. ;)

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Haaaaarible show. I think it may have just jumped the shark.

I had a very similar reaction -- this episode was just all over the place, like the writers were just creating a "bullet list" of plot points in order to separate as many cast members as possible to create artificial conflict. This is a cheap writers' trick, if you ask me. In this particular case, it felt very contrived and phony.

The VFX at the end (with the giant fire) were awful, too, like something a junior high kid would do on a Mac in his garage. They cut around as fast and frantically as they could so we wouldn't be able to notice... but I unfortunately saw it all. Cheap and terrible.

GentleSenator, Scott222C and EVOLVIST like this.
  23. You think? Haha! To me it wasn't so much the plot, it was that the three characters we spoke about last week as coming on stronger did what we feared, i.e. how the hell can these three all go crazy at the exact same time?

So, I guess it was the plot, huh? :crazy:

Well, if there's one thing we can count it's this: as soon as they make a half-way decent episode - on both shows - they reach for the whitest turd they can find and say, "Oh, sorry, this is what we really meant to give you."

kouzie, Scotian and Scott222C like this.
  24. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

It is only natural that we see 3 characters go crazy at the same time; I'm surprised we don't see more. It is the natural response to the beginning of an apocalypse in which the dead come back to life.

You would go crazy too, and so would most participants in this thread.

Suicide, insanity, brute violence, it's the natural response.

Hall Cat likes this.
  25. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

Have we learned nothing from the previous times we've been through this ?

D.D.