Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

This show has all the elements it needs to be a great show... It just needs some tweaking.

2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

....like good acting , good writing, and good direction.

Kyhl, Kubricker, Scotian and 4 others like this.
  3. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

After last night's episode, I didn't find it that bad. Even though it focused on him and not the other people in the group, he's not that bad of an actor. My wife and I were thinking that it would have been a good story all around if fear the walking dead would have focused on him alone, no family, mother, siblings or anything, just him. He actually pulled it off. There's only 3 episodes left for this season, as strange as it is. My wife and I watched it from the beginning in Season 1 and even though I've complained about it, we're starting to understand the character dynamics a bit better, who they are and why they are like that. It isn't the best writing or top notch show compared to TWD, but I can see a 3rd season out of this. It's going to be interesting to see how they're going to wrap up this series.

4. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

Ha!

Naw, I think the acting and direction is fine, just better writing. THis is a show in desperate need of *something happening!!* It's moving at a snail's pace, and shouldn't be.

Kubricker and Rubber65 like this.
  5. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Geez, I totally missed that these were new episodes. That's how much my caring about this show has dropped.

Bender Rodriguez and shokhead like this.
  6. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I think there's 15 episodes this season aren't there (according to IMDb). Last night's was episode 8.

7. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

A pretty boring episode. All I could think about through the whole thing was how bad Nick must smell covered in zombie blood all the time combined with his raw dog & urine breath.

Scott222C and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  8. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I imagine the world on both shows is full of bad smelling people and things.

9. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

And why you would walk (no cars around? maybe just try one car to give us the impression you at least checked .. or no driving licence?) in the middle of the bloody highway (exposed much?) during the scorching mexican heat (no hats or caps available? no sunglasses? maybe not cool enough) ....... and one of the bad guys on the highway sure was dumb enough to wait for the Zombies to sloooowly close with him while he , of course, was struggling to reload the gun - sure - how convenient for good ol' Nick !

And the obligatory flashback - oh poor lil' Nick has daddy issues - who would have guessed ?

I laughed all the way through this episode. Again. I will watch it again next week because it is so bad it can't be missed.

SteveCooks, Shawn and EVOLVIST like this.
  10. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I quite enjoyed that episode despite the obvious logic and common sense holes. It all seemed a bit closer to TWD somehow.

11. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Common sense holes the size of craters IMO ....... I never had that feeling with TWD.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  12. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

I think I'm starting to turn into a zombie. Because that pretty much sums up my reaction when watching this series.

Gumboo and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  13. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

It's hard for me to believe that the guy that created the excellent Outcast is responsible for this dreck as well. A paycheck is a paycheck obviously.

14. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

So now there is an Alexandria in Mexico.

15. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I'm done with it. All I do is FF and so why bother. Nothing to hold my interest or look forward to.

16. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Hard to believe "never". Whole episodes of TWD were fraught with situations caused by the stupidest of decisions. But, percentage wise, sure.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  17. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm thinking of giving up on this series as well. I only need one zombie show in my life.

18. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

You mean one "good" zombie show in your life.

19. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Ha yes.

20. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

`Excellent `Outcast''?! It appears we have a difference of opinion there.....that is one dog of a show.

21. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Difference of opinions is fine. I'll stand by excellent.

Scott222C likes this.
  22. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

23. What show would that be?

Hall Cat and Scotian like this.
  24. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

what I dislike most about the series ? The friggin flashbacks! we did not enjoy this eppy as much as we hoped to....looking forward to better...

25. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

Strand is bi