Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. You're obviously referring to Z Nation ;)

2. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Bipolar ?

3. Scott222C

What a bloody mess, in a bad way, that second season was .....

4. Scott222C

And I hate that they decided to go with that "washed out colors" look.

5. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

spoiler

6. Kubricker

Kubricker Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…

At least we have this to look forward to:

Gross and funny in equal measure!

7. Scott222C

Ask yourself, if the Zombie Apocalypse had been going on for a few weeks and you with your crew had been in the middle of it all, would you still

a) have no weapons at all on you apart from a sharpened stick?
    b) leave the door open after finding and entering a massive Hotel complex with the door barricaded BEFORE you got there?
    c) after entering the Hotel complex and leaving the door behind you unbarricaded, the first thing you do is get totally wasted on tequila ? Or split up and explore that massive Hotel complex weaponless and more or less casually ?

If you can answer those questions with a resounding "Yes, of course!" you can join Maddi and her merry band of survivors or become a member of the writing staff for FTWD ..........

And it was a blast watching this weeks hilarious take on the Zombie Apocalypse ....... again!

Lets chant ................

8. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

All those reasons is why I have stopped. Not worth my time anymore.

9. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

I never thought it possible to screw up a zombie apocalypse.

shokhead likes this.
  10. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Are these a new strain of super-zombies that can fall 30 stories & still get up & walk? I think they'd be a pile of mush with snapping jaws. Everything else this episode was totally realistic though. :righton:

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I watched the first episode with the kid in the desert, and it didn't look washed out to me. It's fine. It's the Mexican desert! Trust me, there ain't a lot of color out there. I think this is actually one of the better-photographed shows on TV; the anamorphic Panavision lenses are unusual for TV.

Noted science-fiction author Ray Bradbury used to rant about films & TV shows that had major plot lines that heavily depended on all the main characters acting like total idiots. He singled out Alien as a prime example, saying, "you have a very dangerous creature about the size of a dog that bleeds acid and runs very fast, and it's just burst out of a co-worker's stomach. So what do you do? You split up everybody on the crew and have each one look in a different part of the ship, in the darkest, most remote corners possible. What could possibly happen?"

On the other hand: on some level, you can kind of roll your eyes and just let it go.

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  12. Scott222C

I didn't mean FTWD - that color scheme may be the best thing about the whole thing - I was talking about "Z NATION" especially season 2.

Please do not in any way, shape or form compare FTWD and ALIEN. That just seems wrong. :wave:

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I could've sworn this thread was about Fear the Walking Dead.

Scope J likes this.
  14. Scott222C

It is. Only sometimes posters aren't even posting about Zombie related themes .......

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Somebody asked what camera was being used on Fear the Walking Dead... I explained what it was. Call it a zombie camera.

16. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

Pace is a little slow but I think Nick has the makings of a great lead character.

Rubber65 likes this.
  17. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Very apropos to The Strain's most recent season opener as well.

Kubricker likes this.
  18. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I just hope that at some point he gets over his empathy for the dead.

19. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

This weeks episode was actually very well done.

Rubber65 likes this.
  20. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

I think the series finally found it's own footing (although it did take them a while). And the direction it's taking is very unique. It looks like the writer's are simply not putting the whole group in one setting like they did with Rick and his group. but each member of the group have their own story lines and are off doing their own thing. I actually like the recap on their lives. It shows a little more about who they are and how they came to be. Christ Manawa is a screwed up and cold blooded, just shooting the farmer without hesitation. His dad is probably beside himself thining who the hell is this kid. This isn't my son. I can definitely see a 4th season coming.

xdawg likes this.
  21. Scott222C

I would only give them points for originality when at the end of this season everyone from the main cast got killed.

This series really needs a "reboot".

22. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Just a boot!

23. Scott222C

:laugh: :righton:

24. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The only character that is remotely interesting is Nick.

25. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

This will spoil a movie or TV show for me faster than anything. I'm more critical, certainly more analytical, of stuff we watch than my wife is but she is actually worse than me when it comes to characters doing things that defy logic. For example, the otherwise well-written Stranger Things pulled a big one when the writers had Nancy crawl through the gooey open tree trunk at night, without even calling out to Jonathan to come investigate it with her. Stoopid! My wife actually got a little pissed about that. All I could do is explain that the writers sometimes have characters do stupid things in order to advance the story.

That is the main reason we bailed on FTWD towards the end of the last season.

Scott222C and Vidiot like this.