Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. spewey

spewey Senior Member

What's up with that heroin-kid limping around....and then not limping....and then running...and then limping.

I really don't like him.

Zombies...please eat him.

2. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Right? My wife said it looked like he was channeling his inner "Benny & Joon." It looked like he was limping. But then it looked like he just didn't know how to walk. But then it looked like he was trying to be Jim Morrison. Yes, we want him eaten, immediately, please.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

gonna watch this tonight...

alexpop likes this.
  4. Michael

wow!..the walking dead had a few annoying characters, but at least it took some time before they really bugged out.

5. Wmacky

Wmacky Forum Resident

I know this is how movies / shows are done, but I hate all the interpersonal backstories. They always have do this. The whole world is coming to an end, and all we see, and hear about for an hour is the loser druggie kid. I'd rather see details of the apocalypse. Whenever there is a movie about the destruction on the earth, they want to spend valuable going over little Suzies teenage pregnancy, or Mary Jane's abusive husband. That's why I loved the movie about flight 93. They stuck to details, and let you be a fly on the wall of all the relevant parties as everything happened.

So I'll end buy agreeing - This boy MUST be eaten.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    spewey likes this.
  6. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I watched the first episode and might give it one more chance.

7. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

A theme that is kind of alluded too but would be interesting to explore more would be the government's attempt to cover up what is going on. The problem is that with zombies, it all happens kind of fast (given that everyone that dies is suddenly coming back) so there isn't really much time for the government to try to keep a lid on things. That and the adjustment of people to the loss of electronics, etc. would seemingly provide for some interesting story lines, but again, nothing can really happen gradually, so I don't see how this doesn't very quickly be come Walking Dead West Coast.

8. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I don't think they've ever given an exact timeframe for how long Rick was in a coma while the world transformed into its present state on the show, other than to say "weeks." That to me indicates less than a month. Given that, I agree with you.

9. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I liked it. It was suspenseful in that Hitchcockian way of the audience knowing way more than the characters about what is going on. I liked that aspect so much that I was actually annoyed when they would not reveal to me what happened to Alicia's boyfriend, Matt.

Mystery Schmystery. I want to yell at the screen and say "Do *not* go in there!" :)

rufus t firefly likes this.
  10. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I just saw the opening sequence, but I thought they were playing around with his lurching walk looking like a zombie's.

11. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I enjoyed it. It was pretty cliched in most places and I found the dialogue a bit clumsy. The family were all a bit annoying in their own ways, (step?)father probably the least annoying. I was expecting an episode or two of relatively normal life so fairly surprised it's already taken off. It does seem to have some of TWD's quality though. I'm definitely in.

12. Michael

since we have the Walking Dead what is the purpose of this?

13. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

FEAR!

MikeInFla likes this.
  14. Michael

LOL! we have enough with the WD...

15. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

I'll be curious what nickname they end up giving the zombies. I mean, "walker" is strictly a Georgia term, right?

16. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

The doctors know something is going because they take the guy who dies next to the kid "downstairs" immediately after he is 'dead'. My wife missed that part of the conversation between the Dr and nurses.

Pat

JimC likes this.
  17. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I think it's about AMC having more than 16 weeks of "Walking Dead" programming per year. If they get to 16 per year of this spinoff eventually, then they'll have 32 weeks of it, plus probably 32 weeks of "Talking Dead" eventually.

I suppose they may be also trying to future-proof in the event Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus get tired or disinterested and don't renew and they end the original show. I could see the original show ending in 3 to 5 years.

18. $

If something is successful, run it in to the ground.

Kyhl likes this.
  19. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Something to watch while they're readying the next season of TWD...

Rufus McDufus and Michael like this.
  20. Michael

that's what my wife said...

21. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I'm willing to give it a chance.

22. Michael

that may be the case...I see no reason for this show especially since they still aren't going to tell us why it happened.

23. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

I thought it was way better than most of the last season of The Walking Dead.

24. Michael

you may have something there...well thought out.

25. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Good enuf to watch another episode, not good enuf to text all your friends about how freekin great it was as it wasn't.