Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Madison is dead. She hasn't been in one of the current scenes. Not one! The actor that played Nick wanted out of the show. That's why he was killed off. The current story line is way too similar to the regular Walking Dead. Lead character group wants revenge on bad guy group.

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

No more Fear, traded them in.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

wow, you bailed.. too bad.

4. Michael

I beg to differ...we'll see soon enough.

5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

No intention of repeat viewing.
    The Walking Dead next.

Scotian likes this.
  6. Michael

gotcha...

7. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Not a great episode this week.

Daryl M likes this.
  8. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

It was a bit of a plodder. Not quite as eligiac as the "requiem for Carl" TWD episode though, thankfully. The swimming pool section was fun. I'm not sure how they got out though.

9. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

Yeah, I guess they blew the budget on getting up there? Getting out - however it was done - was achieved very quickly for both ladies. Alicia noticed that Naomi was gone after ten seconds and Naomi already was in the car trying to start it when Alicia caught up to her.

Shawn and Rufus McDufus like this.
  10. Rufus McDufus

And I'm not sure why they thought an old Range Rover was a "nice set of wheels". There seem to be an awful lot of old bangers around but not many more recent vehicles. I guess the older ones are easier to fix though.

11. NettleBed

The parts on those imports can be expensive, though...

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  12. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I hope you're right. I just wonder where she is at the moment if she's alive.

13. NettleBed

Based on what we know right now, my guess is that she's dead. I suppose she could potentially be a captive, but I don't know what the point in that would be if that other group had achieved their objective of overthrowing the baseball stadium community. I'm sure there's plenty more we don't know, so we'll just have to find out if there are other circumstances whereby she could be alive. Her death would explain the single-minded desperateness of the remaining group to exact revenge. Clearly, Nick was not operating under any conflict that by killing one of theirs, he was endangering his mother. Anyway, with Nick now dead, Madison becomes somewhat less important and interesting of a character going forward in the "current" timeline if she is alive, IMO - she had been defined more by her interactions with the other members of her family than anything else, yet only Alicia now remains of her family.

The multiple timelines of this season definitely made it easier for the show creators to play around with major character deaths, yet not cut them out of the show. "Nick" could be killed off early in the season, yet nevertheless appear in every episode.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Lownote30 likes this.
  14. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

The most recent shot of Madison was in the bluebonnet field (bluebonnet fields forever...) with Nick.

I wonder if the “Vultures” (dumb name, in real Texas they would be called the Buzzards) set the stadium on fire, as hinted by the story of how the brothers escaped their last settlement. Or maybe let loose a horde of walkers inside it.

15. maxwell2323

maxwell2323 Forum Resident

It could just be me, or that I am now noticing it. The cinematography now of FTWD. All the colors seem to be washed out - like they are purposely doing this to create a certain atmosphere or feeling.

snowman872 likes this.
  16. I noticed it the other week when 'past' shots were color graded differently than those occurring in the present.

17. Michael

yesterday's show was interesting although at first it bothered me...

18. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

This weeks show was very well done.

My fav. in a long time.

Michael, Shawn and MikeInFla like this.
  19. Rufus McDufus

Was a very good episode.

The walkers seemed to display an unnerving intelligence when they were, as a group, pushing the car out of the way on the bridge and dropping into the water.

Shawn likes this.
  20. NettleBed

The "present" timeline in this season of Fear is a near black and white. The "past" timelines are in a slightly saturated color.

This appears to have been done for both practical reasons (it's TWD, not Westworld - they aren't trying to hide the ball on what is past and what is present on this show) and metaphorical ones: the "present" in Fear is particularly grim and severe time for most of the characters. Everybody except Morgan is flashing back to somewhat happier, more colorful times.

21. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I enjoyed the episode as well and I bailed on FTWD before Season 1 ended. On The Talking Dead a few weeks ago the writers hinted that each title of the week tells a story as well and you can link them together when the season is done (whatever that means, I haven't paid attention to the titles, I FF thru them).

22. Yeah the sheriff is a very likable character and I thought they did a nice episode on his back story.

Michael likes this.
  23. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Titles of Season 4 episodes revealed to date (I put a spoiler tag around the titles of episodes not yet aired):

1. What's Your Story?
    2. Another Day in the Diamond
    3. Good Out Here
    4. Buried
    5. Laura
    6. Just in Case
    7. The Wrong Side of Where You Are Now
    8. No One's Gone

24. Michael

my wife and I enjoyed it...she was doing a few ahs...sweet kind man.

25. Confused by some of the recent goings-on. Why does the Vanilla Ice-looking leader of the beat-up vehicle fleet let the people in the sports arena come and go so freely? And then those people discover a bunch of supplies and Vanilla Ice (thank god he has plenty of hair product - and a hair stylist - in the apocalypse) just up and leaves? Oh darn, they found some seeds so that means they'll have some vegetables in four or five months, we better skedaddle.

And did multi-name lady just leave the bins (where there were guns and ammo clips, plus other goodies) behind in the FEMA office and just take the truck? And why when she banged on the cage where those bins were did the zombies not come running?

Rufus McDufus likes this.