Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I got the same vibe, especially when the father goes to the drug den in the dark, by himself, with no discernible weapon. That was getting pretty Dome-y.

There is also zero chemistry between the parental (teacher/guidance counselor)main characters, which I cannot decide whether to blame on bad casting, bad writing, or bad directing. I literally cannot see what the attraction is. Not buying it. Also, the teen daughter looks about 25.

Anyone else notice the 2-04-2015 date on the quad split monitor in the hospital? How does that relate to the regular TWD? *confused*

Still, the episode was enough to make me watch the next one. I did find parts of it suspenseful, and I want to see where they go with this.

Dan

guy incognito and Rufus McDufus like this.
  2. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

Something a bit west coast sounding. 'Slacker' maybe?

3. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

The Grounded Dead

4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Finally watched it. It was OK. I'm already making my list of potential zombie chow.

5. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Thought it was ok. Now lets see how it goes.

6. DreadPikathulhu

I agree with others in that we already know more than the characters so it's kind of slow. I would rather they focused on scientists, government, or the military so we had a different perspective instead of another family. I kind of like the husband and wife, but none of the kids appeal to me. The junkie could be interesting or he could he at the top of my chow wish-list.

I hope they move things along quickly and don't spend another episode trying to figure out what is going on. I did like the fairly constant sirens in the background.

7. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I wouldn't have minded the premiere if the season were 10 or more episodes however at just 6 episodes we've now used up over 15% of the season on learning that drugs are bad.

8. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

I would rather be eaten by zombies then spend anytime with those teens. That "moment" with the principal was so pathetically bad I laughed out loud. That said, I'm curious to see what happens next week so that's a good thing.

9. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I don't know, the Junky is the only one that seems to know about the danger. Drugs give you insight = good.

There is so much wrong with this. It was s l o w. The dialog was choppy, clunky, and cheesy. No chemistry with the characters. Lots of inconsistencies as was pointed out.
    I'm going to wait to see reviews of episode 2 before wasting another hour watching it.

10. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Very slow moving. Nick looks just like a young Johnny Depp.

Hope things pick up soon.

11. Raf

Raf Senior Member

They sure worked hard to make the characters obtuse and irritating. I'll stick around to see if Ruben Blades makes the show any more engaging, but if he doesn't, it's going to be really easy to drop from my to-watch list (just like the most recent casualty, True Detective Season 2).

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  12. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Cross between Johnny Depp and Jack White.

fuhrsy31 likes this.
  13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I'd give the first episode 3/5, it's on probation for now unfortunately we all know where this is headed once everything turns to you know what.

14. spewey

spewey Senior Member

I got more of a Derek Zoolander vibe from Nick...especially in the opening..."Blue Steel" all the way!!

15. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I enjoyed it. It was good enough to make me want to see the next one, and that's what counts.

John K.

16. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

we watched this...it ain't no WD but, it will do till the WD returns...

17. Michael

Zombies! is the draw.

18. Michael

yes, but the WD had some incredibly annoying charters...I couldn't wait until they were gone and thankfully they all are!

Isaac K. likes this.
  19. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

The high school kid Tobias seems to have some insight into things to come. As for the junkie, he has already shown some essential survival instincts, I don't see him being killed off anytime soon.

20. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Exactly, and that's precisely the reason why I'm going to wait for this series to hit Netflix at the earliest. It took 3 full seasons of TWD before the last of the irritating people were killed off and the eerie finally became good. I just don't want to go through that torture a second time.

Michael likes this.
  21. DreadPikathulhu

At least on WD we had Rick to bond with fairly quickly. No one in the new show really stands out. I think they're trying to turn the junkie into another Rick - note the similarities in the opening scenes in both series.

I'm also a bit confused about how Mom and Dad could start being involved with killing people so quickly but show no hesitation or remorse.

Rufus McDufus and EVOLVIST like this.
  22. Fear the Walking Dead = Functional

23. Michael

if this series gets to the level of the WD with serious annoying characters I'll probably just bale...as we are NOT going to learn anything new...the writer refuses to tell us why it all happened...

24. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Dear god, not THAT annoying female lead again that I already hated with a passion in "Treme" and another recent show (or movie?) that I watched - that one is so much more annoying than Lori ever could be.

So far it was not really good, but not so bad I won't watch the next episodes too. But having TWO stereotyped teachers as main characters is a lot to ask from me, really.

25. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Fear the Walking Dead = Big opportunity wasted

So far ......

Kyhl likes this.