Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I thought charlie stole the episode.

Just watched last nights episode.

Loved Season 3.

They must have slashed the budget on Season 4.

So many episodes with hardly anyone in them.

2. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

The last Morgan episode was just fine to me. Even with Season 4 maybe getting a budget cut, it doesn't matter, if the stories are good. The problem is that the viewership is steadily declining and I am betting this bad boy is on the chopping block. If any low murmurs of this is so, at least the current story-line seems to be Morgan bringing the crew over to the Walking Dead.

To think that a show about the Dead has lasted this long is a miracle. I am currently a few episodes from finishing Walking Dead S8 on bluray and I don't see the problem with the show at all. There were so many incredible episodes, I think most of it is cry baby's just getting so upset because their favorite people are killed off.

I love how these critics say....that boy wouldn't open that gate, there is no way this person would get bit...why is Negan doing this...blah blah blah blah.

It is a shame that these people are having a big influence, and I swear that the sheep will follow any nonsense without actually watching the work themselves. A shame, because there are some very good stories and I enjoy both shows a great deal. I am excited at the possibilities of next season and them shaking it up just a bit. If Fear has to go to keep Walking Dead alive, well I am all for it, but I still hope that Fear can keep it together. I love the dark atmosphere of this show, and there are still many stories left to tell.

Now if you compare it to Better Call Saul...well the viewership is still quite strong. Though this ain't saying much.

*update...never mind. Fear the Walking Dead is getting a season 5 HECK YES!

Fear the Walking Dead TV Show on AMC: Season Five Renewal - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  3. This show has gotten so much better than the original imho. This season has been great so far.

sixtiesstereo likes this.
  4. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

I agree. I'm especially impressed with the cast changes and additions.
    For example,the last episode added Aaron Stanford, who played James Cole
    on the excellent "12 Monkeys" series (which just wrapped up), and most of all
    Mo Collins, the most important, and brilliant, cast member of MadTV.
    If you've never seen her on MadTV, my favorite character she did on the show
    was Trina (also her favorite role), and here's my favorite sketch she ever did.

Michael and Mazzy like this.
  5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I was blown away when I saw MO! loved her in MadTV ...she elevated this episode which I actually enjoyed for a change...even Morgan was excellent...very good...Beer, beer, and more beer...LOL.

6. Michael

it's getting better I'll give it that...I was pretty much done before this weeks episode.

7. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Just finished season 8 of The Walking Dead...again. I really like how it led into Fear with Morgan. The story is so simple. Morgan like Rick have gone too far. Their rage over their lost sons and having nothing left have taken a toll on the both of them. There is no question that both crossed a line in the next to final episode.

I think his setup with leaving is handled masterfully just like a lot of stuff with season eight. I don't get all the hate for this season and never will. When I watch the Eugene scene where he is getting bullets ready and pep talking, the double meanings were simply awesome. I was actually having quite a laugh, and while there are some that say they just guessed the ending so well, I for one was never really sure until the end.

It is like Ocean Side. People were expecting them to be Rambo (well they kinda were actually), and I don't get it at all.

Both shows have so much heart and I am glad to experienced these and I will continue to watch them as long as they keep delivering as they have.

Now on a side note, they sure skimped on the extras for the first time. Hate that, but I bet that the region 2 release gets more exclusives just like with Fear season 3

8. Michael

can't stand when they do that! : )
    if they deliver...yes.

9. Can we finally kill Negan then ?

Shawn likes this.
  10. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Why? That is not the point of the season or the show. Someone needs to catch up.

Dude kills like 2 characters in Rick's crew and he is hated that much?

11. Yup.

12. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Lol. I like you. Least you are honest.

Mazzy likes this.
  13. For me, it’s that his character is so one dimensional, and the stories around him have gotten pathetically bad.

Fear is certainly better these days, and who knew traveling 1,000 miles back and forth across the US is seemingly easier in the apocolypse.

Mazzy likes this.
  14. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I didn't see his character as one demensional at all. Him talking about cheating on his wife and naming the bat after her...him caring for Carl because of it being a son he never had. I think the eighth season did an excellent job with him.

If the writers do him justice, there is tremendous back story to tell much like his talk about his work with Simon and how he came up.

I thought his character was very complex and I actually saw his side of it. Rick in return has turned almost evil...the show has layers.

Shawn and PaperbackBroadstreet like this.
  15. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

Indeed. It shows the good guys/bad guys dynamic isn’t so simple.

16. Michael

well Rick is leaving maybe Negan will kill him. : )

17. Michael

Is Mo going to be a permanent member?
    I hope so...something they really need to keep the show interesting...

18. Michael

I don't hate him...I like his character....the others killed just as much...no Angels here.

19. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I think with the changes coming it will continue to be interesting. Daniel coming back will be crazy if it happens.

Michael likes this.
  20. Michael

so we don't know? : ) Mo?

21. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Who is Mo? Morgan? He is long term as far as I know. ...well at least for the time being.

Michael likes this.
  22. Michael

the woman in this past episode. Mo from MadTV? remember her? she's great! I love her. see post #1302

23. Michael

this past weeks episode took a turn for the worse...

24. maxwell2323

maxwell2323 Forum Resident

In terms of quality?

25. I guess giant mutant alligators are a thing now in their universe.

Michael likes this.