Fight the static...!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by VinylNewGuy, Nov 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

I think the Zerostat is perfectly easy to use and extremely effective. No reason for all these workarounds and kludges when I purpose built device for neutralizing static charges is out there. If you can install a phono cartridge and play a record you can learn how to properly use the Zerostat. I waited years before I bought one and tried a bunch of these different kludges (never had any success with dryer sheet or a de-ionizing hair dryer or whatever), but the Zerostat works great on sleeves, records, platters, etc.

2. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

I don't know that I would characterize whisking a used dryer sheet across the surface of an LP as "kludges" (whatever that means) but I'm sure there are several different effective solutions. Except for Brian's!

3. papatwo

papatwo Abiding Member

The used dryer sheet solution works very well for me. I have been doing this for a few years now with excellent results. As stated in an earlier post, I never wipe an LP with any pressure, just let the sheet slip over the surface of a rotating LP. I can actually feel the charge lifting off the LP during this process. :thumbsup:

timztunz likes this.
  4. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

For the google challenged.

Sailfree, timztunz and eddiel like this.
  5. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

That's a pretty darned effective video! Ordered.

Sailfree likes this.
  6. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.