Fiio DAC That Supports iDevices

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by A Saucerful of Scarlets, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Saucerful of Scarlets

A Saucerful of Scarlets Commenter Turned Viewer Thread Starter

I was once recommended a Fiio amp that supported modern iDevices (as in iPhone, iPad etc.) as well as computers. I thought I had bookmarked it but I guess not. I can't remember the name of it, but I think I remember what it looked like unless I'm confusing it with another one and I'm pretty sure it was around the $100AUD price range. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Also, how much difference do you think buying an headphone amp like this will make for DT250 80ohm headphones?

2. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

The Fiio Q1 Mark II
    Headphone General Inquiries

It's $99.99 USD through Amazon US.

I've never listened to one. I don't know how it sounds. In general, Fiio does OK. OK meaning it should sound better than a stock iPhone and be better able to drive headphones than the stock amp in an iPhone or iPad. It's only 75 mW for single ended headphones (220 mW for balanced). 75 mW should be enough to drive your Beyer DT250 headphones, but I don't know how well. Balanced at 220 mW definitely would, but it's not going to be easy or practical (or maybe even possible) to convert your DT250 headphones to balanced cabling. And converting to balanced cables would likely cost more than the headphones are worth unless you can DIY the cable.

3. A Saucerful of Scarlets

A Saucerful of Scarlets Commenter Turned Viewer Thread Starter

Ahh, yes, perfect!. Not surprised it was you who recommended it. You're always the first to help! Thought the response was on another forum. And yeah I'm happy with 75 mW.
    Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.