Films You Could Never Watch Again Because ...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sternodox, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Another vote for Salò. I'm a huge fan of Pasolini, and I will defend the film on an intellectual level, but I cannot watch it again. Hence, it's the only one of his films that I don't own on either BD or DVD.

2. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Forum Resident

"The Hitcher" (1986) - the ending where Rutger Hauer tears Jennifer Jason Leigh in half with a semi-truck really sickened me.
    "Natural Born Killers" - I realize this was supposed to be a social commentary on violence in society but I couldn't get past about the 30 minute mark.
    "The Road" - fairly well done apocalypse movie but way too depressing - I have no interest in seeing it again.

thgord likes this.
  3. there are some things that cannot be unseen... man I wish I had more discretion growing up.

Also, The Finest Hours was so incredibly boring. I couldnt finish it. It was filmed so dark, the main character sounds like someone karate chopped him in the throat. The pacing was so bad I started being resentful for the time I lost watching it. But the true events were something to be honored.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  4. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

But you don't even see it happen....

éder and Jackson like this.
  5. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I heard so much about Salo for so many years that when I finally did see it (in 2008, courtesy of Criterion's DVD reissue), I was like "That's it? Where are the disturbing parts?" It seemed so tame compared to what I was expecting... a case of being over-hyped, I guess.
    :shrug:

Dudley Morris likes this.
  6. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I find it deeply disturbing on a psychological level. It's not just that some of the scenarios are physically disgusting, it's the ideas behind the film -- that absolute power corrupts absolutely -- that wormed their way into my brain and stayed there for weeks. That's the difference between a master filmmaker like Pasolini and shock-crap like The Human Centipede.

7. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

I thought ''Eden Lake'' was brilliant, however it so disturbed me that i don't think i could ever watch it ever again, proceed with caution.

[​IMG]

8. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I also have a huge problem with rape scenes. Just a couple of months ago I was watching a movie called "Into The Forest" and I was really enjoying it. That was until the rape scene. Afterwards I simply just could not enjoy the rest of the movie. I wished we could get some warning before they do these scenes. Rape scenes in films get stuck in my head for days and I can't get them out.

Sternodox likes this.
  9. eric777

I'm amazed I was actually able to watch this movie once. I know I will never watch it again.

éder likes this.
  10. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Sophie's Choice (Because I have two kids)
    One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest -Most disturbing movie, I've seen.
    Aliens - Because I screamed like a 4 yr old, in a full theater.

11. eric777

1. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation Part 2: I was expecting this movie to be stupid ;however, I didn't expect it to be as stupid as it was.

2. Lord Of The Rings: Incredibly boring

3. Grandma's Boy: I am still not sure whether this film had a story or not.

There are plenty of films I will not watch again but these are the few that come to mind at this moment.

12. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Been a long time since I watched that one, but I don't remember it being too disturbing to me. I want to watch that one again.

Off topic, but that is one of the rare instances where the movie is waaaay better than the book. I watched the movie first and didn't know the plot, so when the Chief revealed that he could talk it was a surprise to me and I really enjoyed it. I decided to read the book, and that was revealed within five pages (again, it's been a long time, but I seem to recall that it happened in the first paragraph - probably my imagination playing tricks on me, but I don't know).

éder likes this.
  13. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

I was 18...maybe. I had no idea what went on, or had gone on, in places like that. Lobotomy...EST? I was devastated.

InStepWithTheStars likes this.
  14. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Ah. I can see that now. Yeah, the concept that something that powerful and final can be done so easily is pretty jarring. No one could get away with that in this political-correctness-obsessed society today.

Jamey K likes this.
  15. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

A Japanese film called Antarctica. I was only young when I watched it but it upset me quite a bit.

Antarctica (1983 film) - Wikipedia

The Elephant Man aswell, it's just too sad.

16. MonkeyLizard

MonkeyLizard Forum Resident

Requiem For A Dream

It was just so disturbingly real.

I vowed to never do hard drugs or watch that movie ever.

citizensmurf likes this.
  17. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

Amen to that, brother.

eric777 likes this.
  18. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

exactly! One of the scariest movies I ever saw. The Hitchcock lesson of 'let the viewers' minds picture it' is used so well.

19. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Films I could never watch again because...I know better now:
    Beaches
    The Blair Witch Project
    Ghost
    Pleasantville
    Lakeview Terrace
    Topaz
    Rock & Roll High School Forever
    (1991)
    Cecil B. Demented

20. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Black Swan is another movie.

They all seemed to be crazy in that movie.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  21. éder

éder Forum Resident

Great film ... i watched it again the other night... great performances all round but jack o connell is superb as brett..i really wanted to punch his head in !

Jackson likes this.
  22. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

I can't disagree with anything said in your post. I've seen a lot films of this type both new and old, but i have yet to feel as tense and angry as i did during this movie. I couldn't get it out of my mind for weeks.

éder likes this.
  23. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I thought it was a great documentary but I agree I can't watch it again. Thinking back, it felt almost wrong that I had witnessed it. Like I had violated a privacy I shouldn't have. It's hard to put my finger on it.

24. Heavy Music

Heavy Music Forum Resident

Help! by The Beatles - too boring!

25. svoegtlin

svoegtlin Forum Resident

Jesus Camp.. Especially now that I have children..

Dr Faustus and 93curr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.