Finally, A Record Doctor Vinyl Cover

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by AnalogJ, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959 Thread Starter

I bought a Record Doctor way back when at least 15 years ago or so. It was and is made by Nitty Gritty. It's essentially the same machine as the Nitty Gritty 1.0, but in a much less attractive case.

The downsides, compared to a Nitty Gritty 1.0 was that it was much less attractive, and that it had no dustcover to keep it from getting dusty. I used to put a plastic bag over it, but it's in my living room and that made it even uglier. The upside was that it was and is a less expensive but good vacuum record cleaning machine alternative. And for all of these years, it hasn't had a good cover. Nitty Gritty makes a cover for all of their own machines.

Lo and behold, I recently was browsing the Audio Advisor site and saw that a cover had finally been created for it. An Audio Advisor associate told me that the cover would fit all models of the Record Doctor so I ordered one. Let me tell you, it looks better in person. It fits better than the somewhat sloppily put on one in the photos on the website. It has a decent hand to the fabric, it has a nice gloss to the outside, felt on the inside, and the trim makes it look sharp. Highly recommended if you own any age of Record Doctor RCM. If you, like me, have one of these and didn't know they made a cover (and haven't furnished it a proper one yet), get one.

CCrider92 likes this.
  2. nolazep

nolazep Burrito Enthusiast

I use one of the clear zipper plastic bags that bed sheets come in. Perfect size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.