Finally Got One! Cd's or Lp's That Took You Years To Acquire

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Malina, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alofter

Alofter Nowhere Man

[​IMG]
    I have only ever seen this once, and I grabbed it without hesitation. Found it on a corner shop in Memphis I believe. The Sneetches - Slow.
    A beautiful little power pop album that has a Pet Sounds vibe. Wonderful vocals and stylistic playing. A true treasure.

kouzie and c-eling like this.
  2. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

I have Wheels & Tears and Make Mine Country on vinyl but never heard of this one...looks great! Congrats!

The Killer likes this.
  3. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

Finally,this summer, found Badfinger's Straight Up and No Dice. Been looking for a great long while but all I'd see were way overpriced copies in B&M's. For years I had 2 scratched/noisy copies of Straight Up and no No Dice ever. I got lucky and stumbled onto a person who took great care of her records and didn't want to take all the vinyl to her new destination.

Former Scientist and c-eling like this.
  4. marmil

marmil It's such a long story...

5. Jerquee

Jerquee Take this, brother, may it serve you well.

Beautiful artwork!

john lennonist and Alofter like this.
  6. Thoughtships

Thoughtships Forum Resident

I'm still looking...
    The Flower Kings -
    Fan Club CD 2000
    Fan Club CD 2004

When I've got those two I'll be happy.

7. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

The Beatles - "Hollywood Bowl" original Sterling Sound (1976) and the final Capitol acetate (1977) LP's.
    King Crimson - "Larks' Tongue In Aspic" test pressing .. 2 x one-sided 12" discs, and original U.S. test LP.
    John Lennon - "I Apologize" original one-sided LP.
    Bob Dylan - "Bob Dylan" original Mono and Stereo Columbia six-eye promo LP's.
    The Beatles - "Long and Winding Road"/"For You, Blue" original Bell Sound 10" acetate from Apple Records Promotions Manager Pete Bennett's personal collection.
    The Beatles - "HELP"/"I'm Down" original Capitol U.S. 8" acetate disc.
    Bob Dylan - "If Not For You" 10" Columbia one-sided acetate .. Dylan's personal owned used copy.
    Bob Dylan - "Bright Star of Belle Island" 10" Columbia acetate .. Dylan's personal owned used copy.
    Giles, Giles & Fripp - "One In A Million" 7" U.K. Derem acetate.
    CASH - "With His Hot and Blue Guitar" original Sun LP .. signed cover.
    Many others, but these are some of the best.

8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

took me a ridiculous amount of time to locate a CD copy of Wall of Voodoo's "Dark Continent" prior to getting back into vinyl. now i'm not even looking and have easily scored 3 copies on wax.

9. petercl

petercl Forum Resident

Ray Price "Western Stings"
    Memphis Slim "Blue Memphis"
    David Gilmour "Gdansk"
    all vinyl

10. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

I heard Keith Richards' version of "Run Rudolph Run" on the radio in 1979, while driving to my parents' house for Christmas. In those pre-internet days, I didn't know where it came from or how to find one. Never heard it again until I found the 45 at a record show in Asheville in the early 90s.

[​IMG]

11. Alofter

Alofter Nowhere Man

Thank you. It really is a perfect fit.

12. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

Not very sexy but I found the 14-EP book set of the first Glenn Miller Limited Edition (numbered!) In NM condition for $12. It's a hoot seeing side 28 on a label.
    They truly don't make them like this anymore and if they pressed some up for RSD it would cost what ... $275?

HominyRhodes likes this.
  13. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

It took me years till I got this LP for a good price. Original German Phillips first pressing. Got it for €60.

[​IMG]

14. captainsolo

captainsolo Forum Resident

The entire R.E.M. catalog on first issue USA vinyl took me ten years to obtain. I'm still working on getting all the Monarch Doors titles.

15. BIG-JG

BIG-JG Forum Resident

Not my images, but I have been looking for John Frusciante Shadows Collide with People for a very long time. Found a good price and jumped on it.
    [​IMG]

Also This one Omar Rodriguez Lopez & John Frusciante

[​IMG]

Really good albums that I really enjoy.

agundy likes this.
  16. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Great album btw.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  17. JustGotPaid

JustGotPaid Forum Resident

Golden Earring Moontan USA 1st pressing with early nudy cover before it was replaced with the ugly cover. But Steve's CD mastering sounds better anyway. Lol.

18. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

All their early albums are amazing! Shame we won't see any remastered versions of them anytime soon.

Kim Olesen likes this.
  19. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Finally found this soundtrack. It was taken from a vinyl as the original master tapes were burned in a fire. So someone had the original soundtrack on vinyl lp and burned it to a cd. Great mono sound for under $20.00 on Amazon with gushing literature on composer Tiompkin and movie.

The Thing from Another World
    [​IMG]
    Theatrical release poster

20. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

Achtung Baby on vinyl. We cashed in on an insurance claim lately so I was able to bid on one via an online auction. Little mouldy but gee, I'm glad to have it have this back again in my collection (after my dad threw it out early this century). Bonus is that it's an original, uncensored UK/Ire edition too (Cat No: U2 8) - just like the one I had.

Also getting Phil Spector's 20 Greatest Hits after all these years was a buzz too!

Alofter likes this.
  21. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

A couple years ago, after like 8 years of looking for this one i found it at a vey good price, i still have some in my want list waiting for the right price
    [​IMG]

22. Linto

Linto Mayor of Simpleton

I first wanted a copy of My Generation on Brunswick aged about 11, I got one at 40

23. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Some early DADC stampers have mastering #2, and some have mastering #3. Fortunately, the US DADC for Europe disc is mastering #2 (DIDP 50021 31A1; there's a much better chance that an 'A' matrix is mastering #2, total time 39:34;07; the 'B' matrix variations appear to be mastering #3, total time 39:28:20).

Dan Steele and c-eling like this.
  24. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

I found John Cale's Music for a New Society CD in the bins around 2003, but didn't really like it when I played it on the store's stereo, so I put it back. It took me over 10 years to find another copy. It was a few years back before it got reissued.

Some years ago I found a copy of Victor Dimisich Band - My Name Is K CD in the bins. For some reason, I put it back. I don't know why, but I suspect I will never see another copy in my lifetime. Some joker has a copy for sale on discogs for €150, but it typically sells for around £20, still more than I'm willing to pay.

25. Alexlotl

Alexlotl Forum Resident

Plumtree's three albums on CD - they only got a single, Canada-only pressing on release, 95/97/2000.

I found all three on eBay UK over a three year period, about one every 12 months. Decent prices too, £10 each from the same bulk shifter. These were $100 discs, although the recent vinyl reissues have brought the price down. But asides from the price, they were just damned uncommon - most of the time, there wasn't a single copy on eBay worldwide.

My new grail is albums by J-Rock band Guitar Vader. From Dusk is probably their best, but the CD release of the otherwise cassette-only Die Happy!, which isn't even on discogs (their ex-keyboardist has one of two known copies), is what I really want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.