Finally heard The Stooges' FUN HOUSE -- Wow!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Roland Stone, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Hey friends of Steve Mackay. Just got a call from his daughter in law on his phone! He is in the i.c.u. at seton hospital in daly city. It is not looking good so PLEASE PRAY TO ANY AND EVERY GOD FOR A MIRACLE!! If u want to go see him do it as well. I am going to go down there now. He can hear but he cant respond. Just going to tell him how loved he is. And how special he is. I know ya'll feel the same. Please send healing good energy his way! Thank u. Xo

post from La-ni Mae Lithman on FB

2. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Sad to hear about Steve. The combination of his sax and The Stooges was pretty mind blowing for me.

Scope J likes this.
  3. Brian Ramone

Brian Ramone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, Scope.
    All my best goes to Steve.

Scope J likes this.
  4. tortoised

tortoised Well-Known Member

Thanks, Scope J.

I'm grateful to have caught Steve playing with Iggy & The Stooges for his home crowd at The Warfield in San Francisco. All the best to Steve, indeed.

5. richard a

richard a Forum Resident

Keeping everything crossed for Steve. His sax playing on Funhouse is one of the most amazing sounds ever recorded, and I was so fortunate to have seen him numerous times in the last ten years or so, on stage with the Stooges, his playing undiminished by age, still a monster sax player. Get better Steve.
    Richard

6. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

7. owsley

owsley Senior Member

It was pretty much ignored. I never heard any Stooges on alternative/prog FM or college stations in the Boston area. Remember that there were a lot of other great lp's issued at the time by Floyd, Humble Pie, Tull, Spooky Tooth, Neil Young, Crimso, Mott The Hoople, Nazz, Alice Cooper, notwithstanding Abbey Road and Let It Bleed. I remember seeing the lp's in the racks but passed them over not having heard them.
    Hard and heavy rock was in; nihilistic punk was definitely out of sync, or to put it another way: the world wasn't ready for it. But had I heard Funhouse or the 1st lp on the airwaves when they were first released I would have bought them immediately as I loved anything with loud heavy guitars

8. Brian Ramone

Brian Ramone Well-Known Member

Yeah...it's easy to forget the STOOGES were contemporaries of LED ZEP & BLACK SABBATH and not bands from the mid seventies (NYDOLLS)

9. D.H.

D.H. Forum Resident

I hope Steve gets better. His sax is an essential part to Fun House. One of the, if not THE, best rock albums of all time. It just smokes.

dino77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.