Finally! Iron Maiden BLACK VINYL reissues coming in September... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Same here (sort of.) Mine sounds awesome but has a scratch running through the title track that causes a pop on every revolution.

2. Nick Scott

Nick Scott Forum Resident

I didn't notice; will play again to check. Mine is an EU copy though.

3. 1973_2fk4

1973_2fk4 Active Member

Here at Amazon.de you get the records 99% on the day they are released, so they send them one day before the official date and you have them on the release date. Oh, I just saw on the Website that the relase date is the 22nd, and I got those two records today... I do not know why perhaps because tomorrow is saturday?
    Anyway, I am happy!
    [​IMG]

Dr. Metal MD and kingofstoneage like this.
  4. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

Europe (except UK) typically has a Friday release day. UK is usually Monday and the US is usually Tuesday (these being an exception).

5. DREAMASTER

DREAMASTER Member

Today I saw the POM, Powerslave and LAD 2014 reissues. Who said the artwork in this reissues are great?! Unless you don't have or never had the original versions LP's in your life, can you say that is great. Since I have the originals, I can say for sure they look really bad and like I said in the beginning, they still look like a bad color photocopy. Sharpness is gone, loss of details and a bit of washed colors. So why would anyone buy this?!

6. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

Because number one they aren't bad, just not as good as the originals and two I buy them primarily for the music, the artwork, although important, is secondary.

7. kingofstoneage

kingofstoneage Forum Resident

How do they sound?
    "Wie klingen sie?"

8. kingofstoneage

Yeah!!
    Mine just arrived!
    Listening to SIT at the moment!
    Sounding good so far!

Mij Retrac and Clanceman like this.
  9. Olias of Sunhill

Olias of Sunhill Forum Resident

Agreed. If I didn't have the originals, I wouldn't think the reissue art was bad by any means.

Mij Retrac likes this.
  10. Dr. Metal MD

Dr. Metal MD Forum Resident

If yours was that way, you'd notice immediately. Mine is an EU, too. I wonder if it is just my alignment.... However, it doesn't happen for ANY other of my records.

11. Dr. Metal MD

Cheers, thanks for the info. The release date on Amazon UK is the 24th (Monday). They said they won't ship until the 24th, so I'll have to wait a bit before I get mine. Glad the reviews on these are so positive, especially for Seventh Son.

Mij Retrac likes this.
  12. Simon_LDT

Simon_LDT Forum Resident

I will compare to my UK original once the 2014 arrives, although I used amazon free shipping so probably won't see it until late next week. My original is very noisy though, but will do my best to analyse.

13. Back 2 Vinyl

Back 2 Vinyl Well-Known Member

If they are released until the next week, why do I already have them here in México?? I'm happy! :D

14. kingofstoneage

Just finished listening to both new vinyl!
    I'm very happy with them!
    Well done!

15. vlds8

vlds8 Forum Resident

My DMM Capitol has been played a total of three times, so it's pristine. When I get the Optimal pressing in, I'll report -I'm hoping it's not as harsh and more balanced...

johnny q likes this.
  16. Nick Scott

Nick Scott Forum Resident

Played now through headphones; no balance issues.

17. Dr. Metal MD

Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe it's my alignment, since it would be unlikely that this 'defect' affected my record alone among all the other excellent PoM copies talked about on this forum.

18. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Has anyone really tried to fit all of the actual reissues into a box? To be done with all the non-fit speculation.

19. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

I expect the box will rip :(

20. MadCajun

MadCajun Forum Resident

Which box? The US or EU? The previous page shows the results I got with the US box.

21. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

I have the EU so more interested with that.

22. MadCajun

MadCajun Forum Resident

I had both and have since sent the EU box set back. I had the first 6 in the EU box and I had a vary hard time getting my original SIT in the box; I didn't try adding an 8'th.

Goldy likes this.
  23. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

The only way I could get them all in was to take them all out, "bunch up" the sleeves and push them all back in slowly together. Trying to shove any individual title in just won't work. The box does push out a bit on the sides when it's full, especially in the centre, but it should be okay.
    They definitely miscalculated though. It needed to be one (non-gatefold) spine width wider, if that makes sense.

Goldy likes this.
  24. Dr. Metal MD

In my EU box, I can only fit S/T through PoM with outer poly sleeves and with storing the actual LP behind the original sleeve within the outer sleeve.

Goldy likes this.
  25. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.