Finally! Iron Maiden BLACK VINYL reissues coming in September... (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Thanks and you're right is does indeed sound very good. I guess what I really want to know if how the DMM pressing sounds as I don't think I have one. I generally like the DMM pressings that I have from other artists including Metallica. I'll have to decide if it's worth another $45-50.

GyroSE likes this.
  2. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I have a Japanese TNOTB 1st pressing and I really enjoy it. Plus it`s nice to have the extra track, Total Eclipse.

3. bodicus

bodicus Forum Resident

JPN Live after Death sounds great to me. Possibly a bit bright compared to a UK original but that`s from memory rather than comparison so I might be talking through my hat! As with all Japanese pressings, the printing, pressing and all the other goodies included make it a lovely set to own/fondle :).

GyroSE likes this.
  4. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Does anyone know what I should be looking for as an identifier of a DMM pressing of Somewhere In Time? I looked all over the sleeve, record label, and in the etchings and can't see anything.

5. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

6. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

7. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Have you laid your hands on WASP The Last Command Japan 1st pressing? Now that is how vinyl should be done. You would not believe the goodies included on that bad boy. I have 1st JPN pressings for the first two albums and they are so well done.

Prowler, bodicus and GyroSE like this.
  8. scottp

scottp Forum Resident

I have been on an Iron Maiden binge ever since picking up the Book of Souls: Live Chapter & finishing Bruce's book. Pulled out the remaining live CDs & Eddie's Archive box & ripped into my HD. It's a shame there's no official release to represent Piece of Mind & A Matter of Life and Death - my two favorite albums!

Book of Souls: Live Chapter & Brave New World vinyl arrive on Monday.

CBackley and Szeppelin75 like this.
  9. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

It's hard to see, but there is a DMM logo in the bottom left of the back cover. And note the runout groove (deadwax) etching listed on the Discogs page. If you can score a clean copy that hasn't been played much (they are looooong sides cut loud, and tend to have inner-groove distortion), it sounds awesome.

10. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Thanks, I do not see a DMM logo or run out message so perhaps a non DMM U.S. version but still sounds fantastic. Interesting, I played my Seventh Son again which is a Holland DMM ( not German) and the sound is very recessed, cut very low, not sure I like it. Is the Seventh Son UK first pressing much better than this?

11. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

I only have the US cut (also DMM, Marino/Sterling?) - I think the US and UK use the same cutting but I'm not 100% sure. I haven't listened to it in many years (my go-to since 1989 or so was the old Capitol CD); time to give it a spin.

12. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Thanks, I think I figured out that the one I have is a U.S. Club edition and not DMM as there is no logo on the back (that's what I get for buying off of Ebay!) It still sounds pretty solid but most likely I'm looking to pick up either a Japanese version or an original U.K. of this one.

13. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Hey guys, Merry Christmas!!!!!:hugs:

Jam757 likes this.
  14. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Same to you!!!!

DoF likes this.
  15. Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas!!

DoF likes this.
  16. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

And may it be a Merry "Maiden" Christmas!

Clanceman and DoF like this.
  17. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident

Scored me the Fear of the Dark reissue for Christmas!

Clanceman, johnny q and DoF like this.
  18. Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68 Well-Known Member

Happy New Year

johnny q likes this.
  19. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

What is great about physical media....and this Vinyl set is that I can pick up this box, pull out these records - beautiful records, and put “Final Frontier” on the turntable like I am right now.

And....I’m back to “Merry Christmas” & “Happy New Year” .....1/2 way through Feb.

Final Frontier has never sounded better than it does now. This album is so underrated, imo.

20. 808_state

808_state ヤマハで再生中

Thanks for the input! I need to pick up Final Frontier.

Clanceman likes this.
  21. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

It's typical for late career albums, people are so spoilt by the "classics" that they tend to underrate the more current stuff. Give them ten more years.

Looking at your avatar you shouldn't be unfamiliar with that phenomenon :wiggle:

22. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  23. Metalrob

Metalrob Forum Resident

DoF likes this.
  24. ScaleTheInferno

ScaleTheInferno Forum Resident

I recently saw Dance Of Death (UK Parlophone) reissue on sale for AUD$20, so couldn't refuse and bought it. Having given it a detailed listen and volume matched against the original CD and the HD tracks remaster, this version has more headroom and less compression than both, for me it's an easy winner. I admit I wasn't expecting much improvement from the HD tracks that it's purportedly cut from, but there clearly have been some adjustments made to open up the transients; it still sounds heavy but not totally squished.

mikedifr0923, metalrules and Metalrob like this.
  25. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Iron Maiden ‎– Rock in Rio
    Label: Parlophone ‎– 0190295851972
    Format: 3 × Vinyl, Reissue, Remastered
    Released: 23 Jun 2017
    Cut by Chris Bellman

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018