Finally! Iron Maiden BLACK VINYL reissues coming in September... (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

DoF likes this.
  2. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

I saw that in Milwaukee (hometown) at the Rave, 1999, still have the shirt. I still can't believe I saw them at a place that small (for them). Great, loose, no stage show, just a hell of a lot of fun.

DoF and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  3. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I saw the ed hunter tour and brave new world. :)

4. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

I listened to Dance of Death today. Wow. I think the recent reissue is as good as that album has ever sounded. Yeah, not the greatest. But much, much better than the CD.

My records have a bit of inner groove distortion on Face in the Sand, which sucks because that song rocks.

DoF and Spirit Crusher like this.
  5. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Well I finally did it LOL I ordered Brave New World. Price drop on Amazon Canada so I could not resist.

I’ll see if the others warrant purchase after I hear BNW. This will be my first purchase in this series.

DoF likes this.
  6. Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68 Well-Known Member

And many more to come!!

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  7. DoF

DoF Less is more...

UP THE IRONS! Dedicated to the best band in the world :)

8. DoF

DoF Less is more...

My copy has very detailed sound, lots of sonic information. Hope you're gonna enjoy yours.

9. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

I don't think they are because a big deal was made of Sean Magee mastering the black ones.

DoF, Vinyl Fan 1973 and obi like this.
  10. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Now I am getting curious how they actually sound? Maiden Englad 88 is picture disc and sounds great. As far as I understand the picture disc is a clear vinyl with a paper picture in it. When a picture disc is a 180 gr, it sounds bad? Ain’t that all old wives tales?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  11. Neonbeam

Well.... a picture disc is basically like a sandwich meaning the clear vinyl layer covering the paper and plastic core is rather thin. I've got better and worse picture discs and I love the format but it's definitely sonically compromised.

DoF likes this.
  12. Spirit Crusher

Brave New World and Dance of Death vinyl are temporarily out of stock at Amazon. Can I assume they will be restocked?

CBackley and DoF like this.
  13. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Hard to say, Dave. I was having some trouble with completing singles reissues. Out of stock, out of stock. Frustrating. If you can, buy album and singles reissues and forget about it while the prices are from the planet Earth.

Spirit Crusher likes this.
  14. Neonbeam

I'd think so. But in this day and age I wouldn't take any chances. Get them elsewhere, there's definitely alternatives.

DoF likes this.
  15. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Wisely said, I had to use 4 sources to complete the singles.

16. GyroSE

GyroSE Forum Resident

Very impressive collection you've but I can see that you only have the 2014 reissue of the debut- try to find an original UK pressing as this one sounds better than the reissue. It does at least to these ears...:agree:

mr.dave and DoF like this.
  17. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Thanks, still developing it.

GyroSE likes this.
  18. Neonbeam

Well... I'm not sure if they will keep the 7"'s in print but it would be insane to let the albums go oop. The only ones who would benefit would be flippers and counterfeiters. But Steve is quite business minded so I don't think that's an option. Since he took the effort to had new vinyl masters cut:righton:

mr.dave and DoF like this.
  19. DoF

DoF Less is more...

I wanna get one of those picture discs, just out of curiosity - even ordered one today. I wonder, the SQ, mastering credits, and comparison results to the reissue.

20. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Still, he does not rerelease The Soundhouse Tapes, same with Eddie's Archive. I am not sure I get the marketing logic these days anymore. PS. I read somwhere that once the singles reissues gone they're gone.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  21. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

I can’t imagine the album reissues won’t be repressed soon. Give it time.

Also, check Target’s site. I picked up a few there recently because they had prices that beat Amazon’s (and least temporarily).

Spirit Crusher and DoF like this.
  22. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Iron Maiden ‎– Iron Maiden
    Label: Parlophone ‎– 2564625244, Parlophone ‎– EMC 3330
    Format: Reissue
    Released: 13 Oct 2014

Some white smudges apperead on both sides of the vinyl. It is probably because of the solution I used, and didn't wiped off properly, that reacted with the inner sleeve. Sins of beginner :doh:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  23. Spirit Crusher

Thanks for that - I honestly wouldn't have thought of Target. Ordered Brave New World and Dance of Death, $23 and some change each.

CBackley, DoF and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  24. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Bought new s/t cos those stains affect the playback :tiphat: unfortunately they didn’t come off after okki-nokki treatment.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  25. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Brand new copy :)

[​IMG]

Vinyl Fan 1973, Neonbeam and CBackley like this.