Finally! Iron Maiden BLACK VINYL reissues coming in September...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jmpatrick, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Its sounds much better in the room X100 but that video gives a idea to the sound.
    In the room the thump of the drum kit just the dynamics in general are awesome.

2. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Would like to hear the .wav-file of that needle-drop but it's kinda illegal i guess so don't do it :D

3. GyroSE

GyroSE Forum Resident

To be honest TNOTB JPN is far from the best of the japanese pressings, as an example I think that Killers JPN sounds better than TNOTB JPN. Please try the japanese pressing of Powerslave- it's the best of the bunch in my opinion...

lj905 and motorcitydave like this.
  4. Do you have the US or EU pressings?

5. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

You guys have got me wanting to play all of my original UK pressings, lol. I must resist! :D

6. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I purchased these from Amazon US so I assume US pressings. I will check when I get home just to be sure.

7. motorcitydave

I take it you now have a turntable, Roland?

8. hezagenius

hezagenius Active Member

Has there been any consensus on which version of the reissued singles are better? I've received 6 of the 7 US singles from the first wave but I haven't opened them yet in case I want to send them back for UK versions. Are the US and UK version of the singles different pressings like the LPs are, and if so, is one version better than the other?

9. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

I had very minor warping but most were good. One was warped (Purgatory) because they (Amazon) decided to send it to me in a box too small for the single but I swapped it for a new one and it was fine. URP is very inconsistent some are good some are not. The ones I listened to so far sounded good except for some crackles and pops but I expected to hear that. One was a little off center too but not bad.

10. Mij Retrac

If you live in the states the UK singles will cost you about twice as much. I think $8 is already a lot for singles as it is. I'm sticking with the US versions and swapping out bad singles I get with Amazon. The two I have listened to so far have sounded pretty good.

11. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Well the US version comes in shrinkwrap and with a hype sticker, the U.K's don't.

12. Back 2 Vinyl

Back 2 Vinyl Well-Known Member

Hello, my friend! I'm sorry, english is not my first language, what do you mean with "too hot"?

I just uploaded side 2 of the Japanese pressing of Number Of The Beast... I've heard that the sound of Japanese pressings are very bright... however, I prefer this sound over the reissue...

13. Yes! You missed that?

Since about half a year. I'm lovin' it. Nothing outrageously fancy, but decent. Rega RP6 with Ortofon 2M Bronze. Been listening to vinyl 90% of the time the last few months (or needledrops of my vinyl).

14. Mij Retrac

I have the 2M Bronze too and love it. It's not on as nice of a TT but still sounds great. Maybe that is the key to enjoying the sound on these reissues :D

15. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Next week on monday the next batch will be released!
    I wonder how POM, Powerslave, LAD is going to sound.

16. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

"hot" I think means that the audio signal is overloaded, either from your recording or from Youtube's processing.

Back 2 Vinyl likes this.
  17. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

Do it Dave, I am loving my originals thanks to this thread !!! :)

motorcitydave likes this.
  18. Back 2 Vinyl

Back 2 Vinyl Well-Known Member

OK, I see... it must have been the youtube's processing, I tried not to make it too loud...

But, anyway... I only have the UK editions of Seventh Son and Live After Death... I would like to see a needledrop of the other albums, I don't seem to find any on youtube...

19. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

The 7'' 45s singles are now in the shops in Europe :)

I'd already received Running free and Sanctuary from Amazon, and today I purchased all the others directly in the shops (from Women in uniform to Number of the beast).
    They are all "Made in EU" and pressed by MPO. None of them are warped. (as far as I can tell).

20. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

I wonder why they decided to press the singles elsewhere?

21. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Well, if there's 5000 of each to be pressed, and the first batch is 7 singles, that makes 35000 copies, quite a lot for one plant. The schedule for Maiden reissues is pretty tight, and there's many titles. Remember, Zeppelin also used two plants for their reissues.

22. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

How does it work uploading to Youtube will Iron Maiden get money from it because if not youtube is just 'electronically' pirating the album, I have always wondered ??

23. motorcitydave

Cool! No, that's a good combo. Sounds good. Welcome back to the vinyl experience!

rjstauber likes this.
  24. motorcitydave

lol. :laugh: I might spin one of them later today or tonight. Probably 'Piece of Mind' or 'The Number of the Beast.' :cool:

Spirit Crusher and Maidenpriest like this.
  25. metalrules

metalrules Forum Resident

I have some of each, including both for one title. The US packaging is nicer - marginally larger sleeve, shrinkwrapped with sticker (is that good? not sure how I feel), and an inner sleeve (not poly lined). The EU vinyl seems very slightly thicker and better fit/finish, but 2 of mine had small warping near the outer edge. Some rough edges to the US vinyl. I did not hear find difference in sound or playability between US and EU. I have not checked for the US pressing plant. I promised pictures, but have not had the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.