Aural Pleasure Records: The Official Release Announcement/Discussion Thread *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MrRom92, Nov 16, 2017.

1. supermd

supermd Senior Member

When you say you will also offer "High-Resolution lossless digital," will it be the same audiophile mastering as the vinyl?

Will the digital be available separately?

art likes this.
  2. MrRom92

MrRom92 Forum Supermodel Thread Starter

As with anything in this hobby, it’s hard to generalize. I’m sure we’ve all had our fair share of black vinyl pressings that don’t sound nearly as good as they should! Theoretically, translucent or clear vinyl should sound even better than black vinyl. There are certainly some particular formulations or mixtures that can result in an increased noise floor.

The important thing to note is that I chose a plant that was not only able to manufacture the color variants I had in mind, but also one that I’ve had good experience with as a consumer myself. I find that they’ve been able to consistently turn out colored vinyl pressings that sound absolutely flawless - even when some of the wilder color effects are involved, and even when the source material is such that it would make any flaws in the pressing very apparent. These records are gonna sound GREAT :)

Thank you! Creating the mock-up was a bit of a learning experience for me, I’m a graphic design novice at best and I can’t even say it will do the final product justice, especially not the photo for the “Tetrachromacy” variant. They are going to come out looking absolutely incredible. Mainly I derived inspiration from the artwork itself and wanted to create something that felt appropriate and evocative! If you put the 2 records together, it appears almost like the alternating yellow/blue path on the cover.

3. MrRom92

Yep, it’ll be the same exact files as used to cut the lacquers since they’re better sounding than the compressed digital version that’s out there now. Basically the (reconstructed) vinyl master but neatly tagged and split into tracks instead of being split up by side. The download is available as a reward at the first backing tier :)

supermd likes this.
  4. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Forum Resident

Where am I missing this band clip everyone's talking about? Would love to hear a snippet and back your project once I get back home tonight.

Congrats Dave!!

MrRom92 likes this.
  5. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

Good luck with the Kickstarter and the label! I went ahead and pledged for a copy of the record, and I look forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeve as well!

MrRom92 likes this.
  6. MrRom92

Thank you! If you click the main photo, there should be a little play button and it’ll play the entirety of the title track while displaying the album art. But the full album is also available directly from the band’s bandcamp page and can also be heard through Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, etc. if not just on YouTube. :)

toddrhodes likes this.
  7. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Forum Resident

Figures, was staring me right in the face the whole time! Thanks :)

Edit - I'm in!

MrRom92 likes this.
  8. eatthecheese

eatthecheese Forum Resident

Congrats and good luck!

MrRom92 likes this.
  9. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

Like where you're going with this. Good luck my man!

Just contributed $50. Never used kickstarter before, how does it work?

MrRom92 likes this.
  10. Lorin

Lorin Senior Member

Good luck!

MrRom92 likes this.
  11. Cooks420

Cooks420 Forum Resident

Love the name.
    All the best!!

MrRom92 likes this.
  12. MrRom92

Thank you! To keep it simple… there’s a funding goal, and there’s a deadline. Nobody is charged until the end of the campaign, and that’s only if the funding goal is reached.

If the campaign is not successful on the other hand… nobody gets charged, and my dreams get dashed to bits :)

The good news is that in just a few short hours, 10% of the funding goal has already been reached! That’s pretty good progress I’d say, and there’s still about 43 days left until the end of the campaign! (The night of Jan. 4th, 2018)

So I’d like to thank everyone once again for what I think was a pretty incredible first day - none of this would be possible without you guys, here’s to hoping we can keep up the momentum!

granata, Runicen, lpfreak1170 and 2 others like this.
  13. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Good Luck on your adventure! I'm excited to see how it turns out for you.

MrRom92 likes this.
  14. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Best of luck to you! I'm looking forward to more news.

MrRom92 likes this.
  15. Remote Control Triangle

Remote Control Triangle Forum Member Rated 6.8 By Pitchfork

A record label doing a kickstarter campaign? Why wouldn’t any band just do that themselves? What exactly is it that you’re bringing to the table for a band?

16. Funky54

Funky54 Coat Hangers do not sound good

I recommend extreme caution when googling the name......

izgoblin and BeatlesBop like this.
  17. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

I join the kickstarter campaign, entered my card info under guest. So far have not received a confirmation, if it went thru should I have received one? Them signed up on kickstarter but it gives no status on joining. Am I missing something?

MrRom92 likes this.
  18. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

I just pledged your Kickstarter campaign, MrRom92!

MrRom92 likes this.
  19. Maestro63

Maestro63 Forum Resident

I joined to get the 2 lp set

MrRom92 likes this.
  20. MrRom92

Not every artist is knowledgeable about any part of the record production process. Not to mention most artists aren’t involved in the distribution of their art in any way to begin with. They simply create their art, everyone else down the chain does their part of the job. Yes, the music landscape is shifting with many opting to go fully independent, but there is still very much a place for labels - surely as a member of this forum I can safely assume you’re someone who has actually purchased music within recent memory? How many of these purchases were from completely independent artists? :)

dobyblue likes this.
  21. MrRom92

Hmm, I’m not positive but I’ve always received email confirmations whenever I’ve pledged to other projects on Kickstarter. Maybe they’re being caught by a filter and being sent to junk mail? If not, I’d definitely contact Kickstarter about this as they’ll know exactly what’s going on. I appreciate your interest and willingness to pledge to the project anyhow :)

22. MrRom92

Just wanted to let everyone know - the first backer update has been posted this morning and can be viewed here. I’ll quote it down below as well. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a good Black Friday!

[​IMG]

SirMarc likes this.
  23. MrRom92

The second backer update has been posted as well and can be viewed here. I’ll quote it below as well. Thanks so much to everyone for pushing the campaign past the 50% mark so quickly!

lpfreak1170 likes this.
  24. MrRom92

SirMarc likes this.
  25. MrRom92

Wow. The Kickstarter campaign is now officially past the 100% mark - this is HAPPENING! So many thanks to everyone who contributed :) the latest backer update can be read here, and will be quoted below as well.

Cassius, lpfreak1170, Runicen and 2 others like this.