Finding cassettes in Pittsburgh - WHERE??

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by TheLazenby, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam Thread Starter

I've taken up an unfortunately hobby recently - trying to collect cassette singles and maxi-singles. The problem?

THEY ARE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. Singles, I come across every now and then (usually nothing I remember owning as a kid).... maxi-singles, forget it. It's like they never existed at all.

So my question is, where in Pittsburgh could I look? Tried various Goodwills, those are usually light on cassettes (or nothing at all). Same with Half Price Books, tried two of those so far. Exchanges *sometimes* carry cassettes, but not often. Even went to the flea market today (Trader Jack's) with no luck.

Other than spending $30 a pop on Discogs, which they tend to be, where can I find singles and maxi-singles around Pittsburgh??

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. cublowell

cublowell Forum Resident

Did you try Dave's Music Mine in the South Side? Their basement has a ton of cassettes, though I'm unsure if they have singles or not.

3. John1026

John1026 Member

Try searching Craigslist, but do it nation wide. I've seen cassettes singles on there before. Good luck!

4. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam Thread Starter

I was thinking about that - I'd only been there once. But that might be my last brick-and-mortar option!

5. Faceman

Faceman Forum Resident

There is a store in Lowell, Ma, Garnicks Records, they have a large supply of NOS 8 tracks, Cassettes and Vinyl. They do mail order and are very reasonable priced. I know it's not Pittsburgh but they are very good

TheLazenby likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.