Finding Neverland

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JohnG, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS! Thread Starter

[​IMG]

Saw Finding Neverland last night with the missus and Johnny Depp has another winner!

If he doesn't get nominated for an Oscar for this film, Hollywood's nuts.

The film is pure magic. A wonderful tale of the creation of the timeless childrens' classic Peter Pan.

Great acting by everyone onboard including the Great Kate Winslet, Julie Christie and the boys who played the brothers Davies.

Now this is moviemaking. It shall be a classic. :righton:

Do not miss this movie!!!!

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Saw it a couple weeks ago and I concur. I've read that it may sugarcoat the real story, but that doesn't detract from its attributes as a film. Johnny Depp is a magical actor, can't think of any other performer who could have pulled off this tricky role. Dustin Hoffman has some memorable scenes as a theater producer. Beautifully shot, funny, tender, well-acted. Big thumbs up. :righton:

3. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Sounds quite interesting - I won't have to twist my wife's arm if I ask her if she wants to go see a Johnny Depp flick...

4. mhvbear

mhvbear Senior Member

Being out in the boonies of New York (70 miles north NYC) we are still waiting on 'Finding Neverland' and 'Closer'. But we have Alexander in 4 theaters and the Kranks in 4 theaters' go figure. With 37 screens in a 10 mile radius whats up with the release patterns for movies. UGH!

5. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

I liked it too, but I thought the kid who played Peter stole the show to some extent.

6. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Interestingly, that same kid is going to be rejoined with Depp for the upcoming remake of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, cast as Charlie. That too will be a must see.

7. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS! Thread Starter

Finding Neverland is worth searching out.

8. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Saw it yesterday ... and I concur ... highly recommend this movie! :righton: ... surprised it is not in wider release ... it is playing at an "art house" here in Dallas ...

9. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

I saw it with my wife, too, and we both enjoyed it a lot.

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Yes, me and my wife loved it to! Just wonderful...I hope the DVD has some neat extra's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.