Finding the perfect match by accident. awesome!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Delon, Nov 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delon

Delon Member Thread Starter

Needed a system for my office. Bought a vintage Yamaha rx 360. Then found a infinity Micro ii speaker system that worked, but speakers needed redoamed. Once finished refurbishing the speakers. The result was amazing. In a 12 x 15 office with thick walls and hard wood floors. It was the perfect match. So much so, that I searched and found a Yamaha Rx 460 System and sought out and found another Infinity Micro ii speaker system for my bedroom. I have Akai audiophile equipment for my main system. But found this set up for my office and bedroom are a perfect fit and sound.

2. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

One of the nice really things about this site is that many members go off the normal audio path and find some great combinations. Throwing money at a hobby is not the only solution.

Enjoy

Delon likes this.
  3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Sometimes that's not a solution at all! If you spend thousands of dollars and buy components that don't match, you would not get great music reproduction.

And like the OP, the room itself is critical. You can't put Wilson speakers in a 12X15 room and enjoy them. :D

4. Delon

Delon Member Thread Starter

Agreed. I have a set of Infinity SM 115 speakers that I would not even begin to open up to any of there potential in that rm. But found the Micro 2's to be perfect. You can open them up in the rm and the sound is outstanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.