Finite Elemente Ceraballs & Darumas

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by sage, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sage

sage New Member Thread Starter

Anyone compared Finite Elemente Ceraballs with Darumas, if so, please post your findings?!
    TIA :confused:

2. triple

triple Senior Member

I have the Ceraballs. No, I did not compare them to anything, but can only claim that they made instantly recognised improvement when used under my tube amp. Actually, much greater than HAL-O's on all tubes. Having said that, these damping instruments are also useful and complement other tweaks nicely. Guess where I heard of HAL-O's... :)

These things will make finger snapping on Elvis Presley: Fever sound more precise/less smeared, also give you better instrument separation and better bass.

And a hint: Ceraballs work better turned upside/down. Or whatever the expression is.

Highly recommended. :thumbsup:

Goran

3. Upstateaudio

Upstateaudio Senior Member

Ditto triple.

4. tomd

tomd Senior Member

In response to Triple's post-do they really work better turned upside down? I will have to try that.I can attest they do work very well- probably the best value for the $ in footers today.The only thing I have that beats it for my source is a Neuance shelf which costs double the Cereballs and has to be custom ordered.Also like the fact that Cereballs don't raise the component all that much-perfect for my Marantz DV-8300 Universal Player sitting on the bottom shelf of my Mana 6 Tier rack (6" clearance between shelves)

5. triple

triple Senior Member

Tomd,
    Yes, they sound better turned upside down, also when placed under transformers. This is what I experienced with my int. amp - cannot claim the same result for CD players, since I have not tried that. Or any other application for that matter. I wil try that if and when I get another set.

This was not my idea though - I read about this in reviews of Rollerblocks (enjoythemusic.com, whose editor is also a member here) and Stillpoints (don't remember where this was).

BTW, there is a forum member who uses some incredibly well made home made Ceraball clones, so he might give his expert opinion.

Finally, if I was not broke, I would like to try Symposium Svelte shelves, but that's another story.

Goran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.