Fiona Apple arrested for drug possession in Texas

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by puffyrock2, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

I believe she struggles with an eating disorder, and has for years. She certainly didn't look very healthy in the "Criminal" video years ago either.

2. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

Jeez, things are getting very ghoulish and death-wishy with you guys.

2012 concert shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a recent portrait:

[​IMG]

3. Cassius

Cassius On The Beach

you call that drugs?
    Where I live it's called medicine.
    C

4. greatmuta

greatmuta Forum Resident

It is ridiculous and insane. The war on drugs could never even begin to make sense, especially when Alcohol and Tobacco (which are far more harmful then most illegal drugs) are completely legal. What a bizarre world we live in. :help:

5. None of them are worth doing, including pot. Mood altering is the wimpy way out.

6. houston

houston Forum Resident

why are y'all picking on Texas? that damn marijuana is a-gainst the laww! if you don't like it, move to Muskogee ;) :cool:

7. bladerunner119

bladerunner119 Well-Known Member

Went to her concert couple weeks, she was totally high on the stage but her performence was awesome!

8. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

Crosby'd?

9. Tone

Tone Senior Member

She looks fine. Just a badly lit photo....... Her face is full, not gaunt, and her hair looks pretty nice.

Don't judge her by a badly taken picture.....You gotta wonder if they light them this way on purpose to make people look bad. What's with the hard sidelight?? Flash should be straight on.

Attached Files:

10. mrdon

mrdon Senior Member

Free Willie

11. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

in the late sixties, Roky Erickson (of The 13th Floor Elevators) was put in a mental institution over a seed found in a car he was in. Texas hasn't changed much.

12. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

I can't believe it's 2012 and people still think it's safe to possess/carry illegal drugs around in Texas.

13. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

This proves that rock stars are evil and rock and roll is detrimental to society. This is what I've been saying all along.

14. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

Maybe it was a "bad seed."

15. fadingcaptain

fadingcaptain Active Member

Sort of. No guns were found this time.

16. tedg65

tedg65 Forum Resident

I agree...weed smoke kinda smells like skunk and vice versa......I like the affects and all but I don't like the smoking aspect no the sleazy way one has to obtain it, which is what has turned me off to other drugs completely...

Can you even get hash anymore??

17. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

She confessed to owning the drugs, and the rest of the bus was allowed to continue on without her.

Look at Google Maps - Sierra Blanca isn't a border town, despite it having a border patrol checkpoint. I'd assume her bus was just travelling on I-10 between gigs.

In a number of spots throughout California, New Mexico, and Texas there are border patrol checkpoints (Interior Checkpoints) on highways that might lead to/from the border, or run nearby. There's one not too far from Corpus Christi in Sarita, despite us being about 3 hours from the border.

18. electricberet

electricberet Forum Resident

I wonder if she might have confessed to protect members of the crew or other musicians on the bus who do not have her resources to pay for a good defense attorney. As others have said, she does not look like the type who gets the munchies very often.

19. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

If she really is taking the fall for a crew member, that would make her the Bizarro-world Greg Allman. Perhaps they can tour together as the Opposites Attract Tour.

20. sandman012

sandman012 Member

not if you live in Europe

21. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

As David Crosby said to us when we saw CSN in 1988, "Here is your public service announcement for the evening: if you're gonna do drugs, don't go to Texas"

22. sandman012

sandman012 Member

Eh, not that black and white. At least with 'psychedelic' substances ... I don't think anyone can make a good case for meth.

Ritualistic mind-altering experiences have been a critical aspect of spirituality that goes back thousands of years, and you can find many (non-musical) instances of the great thinkers coming up with some of the more remarkable leaps in science and understanding of our world when in these states.

Granted, its possible to get to these states naturally if you practice (a lot!) meditation for many many years.

23. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Fiona is bi-polar, and sometimes pot helps that with certain people. It can calm the mind, and if you're a habitual user, it isn't because of physical addiction. Pot doesn't have a physical addiction. It's psychological and if that happens, there are other underlying problems a person has.

24. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

Are you telling me she looks vibrant in that last shot?

25. catchthecarp

catchthecarp Forum Resident

X2. Political battles are now being waged in several states to have the drug warriors exclude it from their pointless and resource draining crusade. While I no longer partake I've seen hash being "consumed" here in the mid-west quite often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.