Flash Drive issue

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Larry B, Mar 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry B

Larry B Senior Member Thread Starter

I know it is lo-fi but I do use a flash drive wth my low-fi factory car stereo. It is a little voodoo to me but I rip in Windows Media Player and the folder/file structures are already set up- artist/albums/songs.

I have one artist, Alan Parsons Project, with multiple albums that has always been just fine but something has recently happened in which if I select the APP folder, I don't get a list of album choices but it automatically goes right into the same album everytime, Freudiana. The individual albums are there on the Albums list but can no longer be accessed through the artist. Definately seems like software, not hardware. The folders on Windows Explorer look normal.

Is this fixable? Is there a flag/attribute somewhere that I can modify? This is the only artsist with this issue. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Do the music files play off your PC? I realise the file structure may look normal but can you read and play the offending files? I have used a mixture of USB drives, SD cards and CompactFlash cards in several cars over the years and every now and then some files will get corrupted and not work correctly. I usually just reformat the card and start again if this happens as I keep mp3 versions of all my CDs on my PC. If you don’t have backups you could try copying the files onto your PC, formatting the flash drive, and copying them back.

3. Larry B

Yes, I can play them off the PC and they play in the car. It is just a matter of accessing them in the car in an inconvenient way.

4. Vignus

Vignus Digital Vinylist

Try deleting that album (after having done a proper back up) and see if the other files in the folder are accessible?

5. Larry B

I just went straight for the swap from my PC files and it works. How weird. Anyway, thanks for the backup!!! I will be ready for the next glitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.