DCC Archive Flat response

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Doug Hess Jr., Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Hess Jr.

Doug Hess Jr. Senior Member Thread Starter

It's hard to have lived in the US in the 1980s without getting a catalog from Drew Alan Kaplan-- DAK Inc. He sold all kinds of stuff including the BSR 10 channel EQ's many people including me added to our stereos (before we learned why you don't need that U shape for everything).
    Anyway, one channel blew up and that is fine, but I would like to use the pink noise generator and the display. My problem is finding a microphone that is calibrated to be flat like the one that came with it. (OK, I believed Drew and BSR when they said it was perfectly calibrated). Anyway, where can I get a calibrated mike with a 1/4 in. jack so I can tune my system.
    Or maybe you have a better way-- like Steve H. flying to my house in Ohio in his free time and doing it for me.

2. Richard

Richard New Member

Probably a long shot for a mic. calibrated for that BSR equalizer unit, but you might try partsexpress.com - they have meters and mics and test equip. etc.. You might also keep an eye open on e-bay (sorry) or audiogon (they have an EQ page) for a used unit someone is looking to offload.

In the event that no-one else can help you better here, try the audioreview boards ("tweaks & mods", or "general"). A couple of years ago I got some great input over there when looking for modifications and correction tables to get flat, calibrated, response on a Rat Shack SPL meter that I use for room/speaker equalization purposes.

Good hunting!

3. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

You may want to contact DAK itself. Believe it or not, they're back in business:

DAK 2000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.