Fleetwood Mac 2018 Reunion/Farewell Tour...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jmpatrick, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

[​IMG]

2. cungar

cungar Forum Resident

I always love when there's a Fleetwood Mac article and someone makes a comment like "They stopped being great when Peter Green left" It's so obvious the poster is just trying to prove their classic rock cred.

3. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I thought Sheryl Crow was coming on board.................oh wait, that was when Stevie wanted to play.

4. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

As much as I enjoy mr greens work, the last time I saw him I don't think he even played guitar.....

5. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

And then a reunion of the fake Fleetwood Mac from 1974ish ... And then a reunion of the Time-era Fleetwood Mac with Bonnie Bramlett, etc.

6. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Mick and John own the name. The others have no claim.

7. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Or, "they" just really love Peter Green's musicianship (as well as Danny Kirwan and Jeremy Spencer). That comment says more about you.

longaway likes this.
  8. kwf

kwf Forum Resident

zzzzzz

Atmospheric likes this.
  9. goodboyfred

goodboyfred Forum Resident

If you want to see Fleetwood Mac with Danny Kirwan and Peter Green you most likely better have access to a time machine.

10. Skokiaan

Skokiaan Forum Resident

Stevie said she will play live with FM but has no interest in making new music with the band. Everybody except Stevie plays on the Buckingham/McVie album, though Mick and John did not tour.

11. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

What’s her beef with recording new music? Just not interested in the process anymore?

I wasn’t aware of Kirwan’s terrible state. That’s very sad.

Crimson Witch and Zoot Marimba like this.
  12. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

People talking about former members and whatnot...

...keep in mind, to probably 90% of the world's population, there's only been five members of Fleetwood Mac. Even those who probably know the band has other pre-'75 and post-1987 albums from seeing them in the shops years ago has probably never heard (or long forgotten about) them.

vitorbastos123 likes this.
  13. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Probably. (She'll be 70 next year.)

14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Yeah, but they all are old at this point. I’m just making conversation, but do you think it’s an issue of her voice? Does she not get along with the other members anymore? Is a matter of recording music is more effort than it’s worth at this point?

15. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Exactly. It seems as though Lindsey and Christine had put enough time into the creative process that they were unwilling to walk away from it just because Stevie was unwilling to commit to it being a band project.

WalkAThinLine likes this.
  16. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Who knows. Did anyone hear her remake of Gypsy? She sounded old.

GodShifter likes this.
  17. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

I hadn't thought about it but its amazing we really could have a reunion of the original FM....theyre all still alive and kicking. chances of it happening are near zero but its nice the originals are all still around.

18. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

She has nothing to offer. Her voice is gone, she plays no instruments, and the band already has enough songwriters. And I imagine it's the same political drama every time. Much better to stay home with her sister and nieces.

19. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

We've talked about this many times... Stevie does not like recording with Lindsey. She doesn't want to go back to being directed/ordered around by him musically. Say You Will was the last straw for her.

seed_drill likes this.
  20. cungar

cungar Forum Resident

So you're that guy! LOL

21. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

The Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green was genuinely h u g e in Europe in the late '60s, with lots of 'chart action', and at least with the release of Then Play On had a very healthy audience growing in America when the wheels began falling off. Then with Bob Welch they started to get airplay in America again, especially on FM.

That 90% can get stuffed. :realmad:

Shak Cohen and runonguinness like this.
  22. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

That guy is right about what you're saying about yourself. What is funny about ignorance? I'm humbled by what I don't know myself and usually excited to learn (and hear) more, but they say it's the smarter eggs who have some idea about what they have yet to crack on to. :whistle:

23. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Would only happen if Stevie had a change of heart which seems unlikely. But not impossible I suppose. Clock is ticking though.

24. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

At different times they've spoken with varying degrees of certainly about the future plans. This tour has moved time frames too. I don't think anything is set. If it were happening in June like this article says we'd have seen the announcement already. That's not happening.

25. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Were Stevie/Christine always saints?

For all the Peter Green remarks, anyone have any evidence of him playing live in the past 7 years or so?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.