Fleetwood Mac - Buckingham McVie album for 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonfan1, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonboy

Jonboy Forum Resident

I really like the sound this! Could be really good :)

2. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

"Inside the studio’s wood-paneled suite, which they helped design while ... high on “Rumors” royalties..."

driverdrummer likes this.
  3. Marty T

Marty T Stereo Fan

I'm not sure Lindsey has anymore good songs in him. I liked "Peacekeeper" from 2003's Say You Will album but on the second listen I realized the chorus was identical to Paul Simon's "Kodachrome". I'm always routing for him though, and he's a great producer. I really like the picture of the two of them together at the end of the article.

4. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

There isn't going to be a FM album, they're doing this instead.... although essentially it IS going to be a Fleetwood Mac album, just without Stevie on it.

5. Cloudbuster

Cloudbuster Forum Resident

It's particularly annoying considering that she said she'd only do another Mac album if Chris was back in the band.

6. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

His solo stuff has been pretty good over the past decade.

videoman, willy, telepicker97 and 6 others like this.
  7. ryno

ryno Forum Resident

I suppose Tango In The Night was just a Buckingham McVie album with 3 Stevie songs inserted in it.

Carserguev, McCool71, willy and 4 others like this.
  8. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

They should call it a Fleetwood Mac albums. Nick's just one member of a dozen that's come and gone, and possibly the most annoying. But maybe it's down to contracts.

9. fmfanuk

fmfanuk Forum Resident

This is a little bittersweet, great to hear new music from Lindsey and Christine, but blow for Fleetwood Mac, this so could have been Fleetwood Mac's swan song, but one member was not onboard, shame

10. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Stevie has a LOT of fans, though I'm not one. Calling it a Mac lp without here would not be a good PR move. Stevie could very easily manipulate the situation into LB restarting old fights.

rockclassics likes this.
  11. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

I think it comes down to the fact that they still plan to have a big tour late this year or next year with her on board. They don't want to cause confusion by releasing a Fleetwood Mac album without her since they still plan on performing with her in the near future. Hopefully they tour the Buckingham McVie album though. That would be really cool.

12. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Definitely in on this one. I buy on LB alone. Little Lies is in FM hierarchy.

13. chewy

chewy Forum Resident

I like their vocal harmony on "Hold Me", and thought there could of been more hit tunes that uses the voices of those two together- obviously the world was anticipating new Fleetwood Mac stuff so there must be a reason why this is not going forward like that...

WalkAThinLine likes this.
  14. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

can't wait

jammincrowe and WalkAThinLine like this.
  15. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

There is definitely something going on behind the scenes that is causing them to call this album something other than Fleetwood Mac.

My guess is that it has something to do with who owns the name and when and how it can be used. I'll bet there is some sort of clause that Stevie has to be involved.for.it to be called Fleetwood Mac.

They are not just trying to keep Stevie happy but also avoiding any potential lawsuit.

DTK and WalkAThinLine like this.
  16. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

I would just like to go on record and say that I totally called this as the outcome.

telepicker97 and Peace N. Love like this.
  17. Benjamin Edge

Benjamin Edge Forum Resident

I hope not!

~Ben

18. Benjamin Edge

Benjamin Edge Forum Resident

Very amusing project for all those people interested in songs such as "World Turning" and "Hold Me."

~Ben

19. sjas1962

sjas1962 Forum Resident

I love Stevie...but find her absolutely frustrating when it comes to FM...my feeling is the work that the others were doing was indeed going to be FM album once Stevie contributed. She decided her solo career was more important...I'm glad they decided to release this without her. She's definitely on the wrong side of this one. I can't wait to hear this.

20. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

It may come down to economics. She knows she can make more money with her own tour or touring with FM vs. Royalties from an album release. So she made the decision to go for money. I'm not trying to justify her decision or position ..... just stating what may be her reason for not being involved with the album.

21. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

I like the idea of this and the title is a great mirror for Buckingham Nicks and if the imminent release of Buckingham McVie isn't the perfect time to finally reissue the earlier album, I don't know what is. I will be getting this right away as I find Lindsey and Christine a great team. However, I don't get why they don't just call it Fleetwood Mac. We have the Fleetwood, we have both Macs, as well. It didn't stop them from calling Say You Will Fleetwood Mac when Christine wasn't there.

WalkAThinLine likes this.
  22. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

that album featured all 4 members of fleetwood mac. right now fleetwood mac is 5 members again so why call it fleetwood mac when 1 member is not on the album.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  23. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

I said the same thing myself a long time ago. Once news kept coming out that Stevie was the lone holdout for making the album, I knew it was just a matter of time. I'm also baffled to why it's not called Fleetwood Mac without Stevie while they were called Fleetwood Mac when they were without Christine for Say You Will and the tours that followed. Like anybody's guess it's probably because Stevie is still a full member while Christine was officially out at the time. I'm sure that there was some falling out of some sort between the two camps and calling the album this was a 50/50 split between getting the work out AND keeping Stevie happy.

WalkAThinLine and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

For me if Mick and John are involved it is Fleetwood Mac. This is what I wrote under Warren Zevon on Werewolves Of London. :laugh:

25. Finchingfield

Finchingfield Forum Resident

They should call themselves "Fleetwood Mac without Stevie". Ah ha ha ha... :D

rockclassics likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.