Fleetwood Mac - Buckingham McVie album for 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonfan1, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I would describe "Hold Me" as a duet of one sort and "Don't Stop" and"World Turning" as duets of another sort. "Think About Me" is also kind of a duet.

2. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

The two songs we've heard so far don't hold a candle to any of these, unfortunately.

3. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

I agree and don't think the two songs we've heard so far are very good at all.

urasam2 likes this.
  4. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

I really like Feel About You, pretty irresistible. The more I listen, the more I think that their voices may have been sped up to sound younger. I have no opposition to this, but once I've started thinking it, I can't unthink it.

willy likes this.
  5. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member Thread Starter

I really don't think that's the case, they're going on tour and they have to do this stuff live, so I can't see them pulling the Led Zep speeded up vocal thing....
    Now Lindsey is known for speeding up and slowing down his vocal, making himself sound like Stevie:) etc....but this is like he has always played in the studio since Tusk 40 years ago.

Oh and this new Christine song is amazing, I can't get enough.

I could see some speed tampering possibly in the backing vox but not in the main vocal.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Elliottmarx likes this.
  6. manxman

manxman Forum Resident

The two songs released so far are pleasant, but also slightly disappointing. Without Nicks and without the pressure of issuing their material under the Fleetwood Mac name, I'd imagined that Buckingham and McVie would offer seventies-style bluesy rock rather than eighties-style pop. Oh well.

DTK likes this.
  7. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Well musically I think these two tracks are Buckingham. The second one a co-write that I think was music by Buckingham lyrics by McVie. He doesn't write bluesy rock, at least not in any recent times.

agentalbert likes this.
  8. Sir Talbot Buxomly

Sir Talbot Buxomly Forum Resident

Same here. I'll be buying this. I love Lindsey period, and Christine wrote some of the best FM songs ever.

By Jove!

rushed again likes this.
  9. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I personally couldn't be happier that Christine is back and to be honest I don't really need Stevie to be a part of Fleetwood Mac anymore. I'd much rather have Stevie reteam with Tom Petty and make a complete album with him and Mike Campbell, long before I'd miss her in Fleetwood Mac. I'm enjoying the first two songs off this album and they remind me more of "Mirage" period songs, but are of "Tango" era quality. When Buckingham puts his "commercial" hat on, I'm all-in.

agentalbert, forthlin, willy and 2 others like this.
  10. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

I was looking forward to the new release but I'm not too thrilled by the tunes I've heard so far.

11. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

I like 'Feel About You' but anticipate that the album will fall victim to the oldest curse for the late-period recordings by any rock dinosaur act, which is the dreaded percussion loop. For me, that just sucks the life out of any recording - they might as well have left the click track on there.

whisper3978 and DTK like this.
  12. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

Fleetwood Mac's Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham Debut Galloping New Song

Premiere of "Sleeping Around The Corner" from the new album. Interestingly, the writer notes that Buckingham started writing "Sleeping Around The Corner" about 4 years ago, when it was (and still is!) the iTunes bonus track on Seeds We Sow, from 2011. And it sounds almost exactly the same as that arrangement, only somehow even louder than the 2011 version! A good song, but I mean, that's an easy fact check, especially if you're already a fan. If McVie is on this, she's deep in the background.

13. MikeVielhaber

I've heard from others that there's a new bridge on this one. I've not personally heard the original version so I can't confirm.

14. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

(sigh)

Where's Stevie? (as Stand Back is playing on my co-worker's Pandora...)

15. MikeVielhaber

The bigger question is where is Christine.

16. Joost van Gijzen

Joost van Gijzen Avada Kedavra, MF's!

Man, this album is gonna suck balls, to quote a music critic from Colorado.

Mathew likes this.
  17. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

As someone who considers SEEDS WE SOW Liddy Buck's finest solo album, I'm all in for "Sleeping Around The Corner."

But yeah.

18. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member Thread Starter

I like it too, but yeah:)

WeepingWall likes this.
  19. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

I like Fleetwood Mac (All eras) but after Rumours, its a downhill slide.

Curveboy likes this.
  20. MikeVielhaber

Eric Cartman?

21. Joost van Gijzen

Joost van Gijzen Avada Kedavra, MF's!

:)

22. HeavensAbove

HeavensAbove Forum Resident

Wow, they do sound like the same exact recording! I noticed that the running time for the new release is ~15 seconds longer than the previous release, so there may indeed be something extra included.

23. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I don't do iTunes, so it's great to have this song.

24. The new version has very different vocals on the verses, a bridge, but otherwise isn't too different from his earlier b-side version. I love Lindsey and am into this song, but the marketing is really confusing. This has nothing to do with Christine, and she could easily be singing harmony on it. It's clearly another Say You Will (and to some extent Tango) situation, where Lindsey is releasing his solo stuff to a wider audience under a different heading, and adding in his production of another artist's songs. The end result is great to me, but the marketing spin is misleading and causes people who say "I don't like anything after Rumours" to listen for no reason.

25. greentypewriter

greentypewriter Forum Resident

New track is pretty terrible. It sounds like there's way too much going on. I know that's what Lindsey's known for but this is just, too much.
    I loved 'in my world' though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.