Fleetwood Mac - Buckingham McVie album for 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonfan1, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

My favorite part of Stevie Nicks in Fleetwood Mac isn't her songs, it's her background vocals on everyone else's songs.

2. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Wow. Didn't see this coming. Looking forward to it though, as long as the mastering is halfway decent anyway.

Pat

MikaelaArsenault and Jonboy like this.
  3. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Not for nothing but I hope this doesn't get the same sonical treatment as Say You Will , which was horrible.

4. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Upsetting because Stevie's tracks are always my favorites. Rhiannon, Landslide, Seven Wonders, Dreams and Gypsy are soooo good.

5. Benjamin Edge

Benjamin Edge Forum Resident

The use of the name requires the agreement of all five!

~Ben

6. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I'd be shocked if Mick and John didn't own the rights to the name Fleetwood Mac. This sounds like Stevie appeasement to me.

I'm wondering if she even has any songs left in her. The past two "new" albums were filled with old songs -"Sourcerer," "Candlebright," and "Planets of the Universe" on Trouble in Shangri-La; "Secret Love," "Annabell Lee" on In Your Dreams; "Smile at You," "Running through the Garden," and "Not Make Believe," from Say You Will; even the two tracks from Practical Magic and her contribution to the EP were oldies. Then there was a whole album of old material.

It's possible she's intimidated by the dearth of new (good?) songs that Lindsey and Chris are churning out.

Or maybe she's pissed at Christine's reappearance in the band? Or jealous ?She insisted on putting her new album out, and touring all before Fleetwood Mac did their tour and now she's refusing to participate in sessions for a new FM album. Seems like a diva fit.

It's a shame because she still sings great and the new material she has produced has been really good.

That said, I'll be first in line to snag this new album and the Tango reissue.

WalkAThinLine and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Didn't the last FM album only have four of them? So they can do a Fleetwood Mac album without Christine but not without Stevie?

WalkAThinLine likes this.
  8. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

yes because at the time Christine was no longer in the band so they could do it without her

9. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

The Time album was done without Stevie as she'd quit. This would be new territory as she's still an active member.

Now, according to a recent interview she claims she is the only one never to have quit, but we know that's false.

10. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

yes there has never been a FM album released that didn't have every active band member on it. even Say You Will which was done as a 4 piece actually had all 5 classic members on it

11. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

Interesting to see Lindsey holding a Fender guitar and not a Rick Turner Renaissance.

12. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

Maybe that'll be the bonus disc 2.

13. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Fleetingham McBuck... :)

14. WalkAThinLine

WalkAThinLine Forum Resident

finally. great news!

i wouldn't necessarily label Stevie an active band member. she wants to tour but doesn't want to record. that doesn't fit a definition of a full band member. but it is what it is.

15. jgkojak

jgkojak Mull of Kansas

While Christine was happy to record and not to tour - she said she would have contributed to Say You Will if she didn't have to go on the road - which is ashame, because a track like "Friend" would really have been a breath of fresh air on that record:

16. Giant Hogweed

Giant Hogweed Senior Member

This is really cool, much prefer their songs over Stevie's snoozefests.

duggan and WalkAThinLine like this.
  17. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

I couldn't hear Christine Mcvie on Bleed to Love Her despite the credits on Say You Will.

18. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

This is basically Heroes Are Hard to Find with Lindsey instead of Bob Welch.;)

I actually think it's a very interesting idea.

WalkAThinLine and willy like this.
  19. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Gift of Screws was AWESOME.

20. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Um, and Under The Skin is a MASTERPIECE

21. Shak Cohen

Shak Cohen Forum Resident

Fleetwood Mac without Stevie Nicks does not fly for the masses, which is why I believe the artist title has had to be changed - I think Mick and John were stung by the commercial failure of Time in 1995, and are likely to not want to repeat that. I am surprised though, that Stevie could not reprise her TITN role, by contributing a couple of songs and backing vocals over the other tracks...nevertheless this is exciting news, looking forward to this:edthumbs:

telepicker97 likes this.
  22. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

AGREED.

His skills at songwriting/arranging/producing/playing/etc are undiminished.

And it seems as though he's learned from the sonic snafu of Say You Will...

23. Shak Cohen

Shak Cohen Forum Resident

I will have to revisit LB's solo records...no doubt in my mind that he still has the goods...I've always thought of Out Of The Cradle as his most accomplished solo work.

Say You Will sounds the way it does because of the production standards of the day. A lot of extra overdubbing and compression to make it commercially viable. I don't think WB would have put it out otherwise...

WalkAThinLine likes this.
  24. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

I hope the album is called Meetwood Flac

25. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

Perhaps he's saving all of his best songs for his solo albums?

By the way, I agree that his solo work is and has remained exceptional. I saw him on the Seeds We Sow tour, got a signed CD too. Gorgeous performances and such powerful songwriting.

WalkAThinLine and Lewisboogie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.