Fleetwood Mac - Buckingham McVie album for 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonfan1, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shak Cohen

Shak Cohen Forum Resident

Mastering is always done/saved in 24-bit (usually the workstation will be running a 32-bit+ float) and has been for the best part of the last 20 years; the mastered files are then 'dithered' to 16-bit/44.1 kHz for CD and normalisation applied - often 24-bit masters are normalised too.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  2. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I will YouTube those albums. I also plan to listen to his last 3 albums. I only just bought 'Out of the Cradle' last year, as hear it was considered his best Solo Album(by most of his fans). Just about to complete my Kate Bush Collection of her catalog on CD, so will get to LB's catalog in the next year, if I like his Solo Albums enough to buy. I got into Fleetwood Mac with 'The Dance', and bought the 2-CD Editions of 'Rumours' & 'Tusk' in the mid 2000s, and the 2-CD Best of Collection(so had heard a few songs from 'Mirage', 'Tango in the Night' & 'Say You Will, and was stoked to get the 2-CD Deluxe Reissues of 'Mirage' & 'Tango' a few months ago and like 'Tusk' 3-CD Set, if buying from Amazon, 'Mirage' included Autorip of the concert that came with CDs in the Big Box Deluxe Sets, so a great bargain-that is why I re-bought 'Tusk' along with the extra Out-Takes looking to be worthy addition to the 2004 2-CD Set). So I now also have 2 FM Concerts from Amazon Autorip('Tusk' & 'Mirage').

One of my first Vinyl Purchases this past year was 'Rumours'(45RPM) Remastered by our Host(&KG), based on the strong referrals on here(same for 'Stadium Arcadium' by SH/KG).

Rickchick likes this.
  3. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

The album enters the Billboard chart at #17. Totally psyched because this marks the second Top 40 album and non Fleetwood Mac album chart peak for BOTH Lindsey and Christine.

4. The Hole Got Fixed

The Hole Got Fixed Owens, Poell, Saberi

5. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

It's strange to see FM and LB songs referred to as "cover" when you've got the original writers performing them. No Stevie cover though :whistle:

6. The Hole Got Fixed

Strange no On With The Show or Carnival Begins. Stevie? Not missed at all. The diva routine and her voice get more annoying as the years go by.

Christopher B likes this.
  7. Neonbeam

What's also interesting is that there isn't a single track from "Christine McVie" (1984)

Matthew Tate, Kit2010 and theMess like this.
  8. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Hard to understand why they are not playing what most people on this forum consider their best song(Carnival Begin) on the new album.

9. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I would also loved for them to have performed 'You Are' as well.

10. The Hole Got Fixed

:edthumbs:

11. Kit2010

Kit2010 Too far gone

I've always loved "So Excited". It would surely work well live with Lindsey. Just hope they both tour England.

12. Neonbeam

Lindsey does play on the eponymous 1984 album. So it should work.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

Jamey K likes this.
  14. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

I recently heard some of the album and was completely and utterly underwhelmed.
    Dylan's here the same night as they are (in July) and I'll be at Bob's show for sure...

Khamakhazee and Dark Horse 77 like this.
  15. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

This is an album that is much better when heard as an album, not in bits and pieces imo. It sounds carefully sequenced, like they usually did in the old days! One of my all time favorites is Supertramp Crime Of The Century. Pretty sure I would have never given it a second thought had I just heard a few of the songs on the radio. Fyi...I didn't see the album anywhere on the Billboard 200 chart that just came out, for June 24. Hmm.

16. You really love Christine's songs, don't you?

17. Joost van Gijzen

Joost van Gijzen Avada Kedavra, MF's!

I don't judge songs based on who wrote them. That being said, if you list all of Christine's songs, FM and solo, then most of them are... bad.
    Especially during the Bob Welch phase. LB must have really whipped her musical ass into shape when he took over.
    She started off with the slight Over My Head and the country by numbers song Say You Love Me, and then suddenly came up with her first good song ever,
    the masterpiece You Make Loving Fun.
    Her last good song was All Over Again on Time.

18. Well you're saying you don't like her songs. I never said you were judging them based by on who wrote them. I take a very different view. Certainly her songs are more traditional and she has written some clunkers but, on the whole, her songwriting has been very consistent and exceptionally good. I do think that LB has helped give her material focus just as he did for SN at times with his arrangements.

mikaal likes this.
  19. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Throw in McVie's 1984 concert VHS/laserdisc as a bonus.

Never released on DVD.

20. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

Just picked this up today on vinyl. I was hesitant to do so based on some of the comments I've been reading, but happy to say no regrets. Songs are enjoyable enough to me. As for the quality of the pressing, I am pleasantly surprised. Nice flat vinyl surface and plays better than I had expected...very quiet. Not 1 pop or tick, and so I am glad I avoided the brickwalled cd.

Thesmellofvinyl and lennonfan1 like this.
  21. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

7MusicFan6 likes this.
  22. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member Thread Starter

well it managed 2 weeks in the UK top 10 so that's not bad. It's still on heavy rotation here:)

23. Anachostic

Anachostic Forum Resident

Got my copy today - used. Hard to believe someone bought it and immediately turned around and sold it, but I saved some money anyway. Just a few songs in and it sounds good. Definitely louder than my usual stock of 80's discs. I think Christine's voice sounds less full and a little thinner, and Lindsey sounds a bit more raspy, but they still know how to write, play, and sing. Bravo to them for the longevity.

One thing that really surprised me is that the CD had CD-TEXT info with song and album (but not artist) info. I thought that tech was long gone.

24. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

I get the feeling you don't actually like Fleetwood Mac…

25. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.